I Finally Did It....I Went to a Dominican Salon!

mw138

I Finally Did It....I Went to a Dominican Salon! (Pics)

I visited a Dominican salon for the first time on Friday morning and I absolutely love the way my hair turned out. They washed and deep conditioned my hair with the my most delicious-smelling shampoo and conditioner! The stylist then rollerset my hair and blew out the roots. I was in awe when she finished with my hair! Not only did I love the results of my own hair, but I also loved the way the other ladies' hair looked when they left. I can't believe how soft and shiny my hair is! I can barely keep my hands out of it. Even my mother and grandmother were in awe yesterday at Easter dinner.

I do understand what all of you meant by how hot their blow dryers are. I remembered all of your warnings and asked that only the roots be blown out. You guys weren't kidding! That blow dryer was extremely hot!

I think I'll visit this salon for special occasions, so I'll be going back in about 5 weeks before I attend my cousin's wedding!

Here are pictures of my hair on Friday. I've been able to keep up the style by putting my hair in pin curls each night and then putting on my bonnet. I'm going to be so upset at the end of the week when I have to wash and set my hair myself.

April6_3-vi.jpg

April6-vi.jpg

Last edited:
your hair looks pretty and i'm glad you had a good experience there. i have never been and after hearing the horror stories here i dont know if i'll ever make it there:ohwell:

abenyo said:
looks great. Which one did you go to?

Oh SNAP!! I didn't even realize that you are in my state OP. Yes, please tell us what salon you went to and who your stylist was.:)

I love the hair...Yeah where did u go ..I"m A Marylander too!!!...but I moved from Baltimore to the Easternshore recently and cant find A Dominican salon anywhere to save my life :( I guess ill have to drive back to b-more or pg if I want it done :perplexed

abenyo said:
looks great. Which one did you go to?

I went to Claudia's Dominican Hair Salon in Silver Spring.

Unfortnately, I didn't catch the name of my stylist. I can describe her. She was a petite light-skinned lady with light eyes. She also had braces. She ended up styling most of the ladies when they were finished under the dryer. She did a great job on everyone's hair!

Last edited:
Ure hair looks fantastic! So full and thick!!!!

Im glad u opted to get only the roots blown out. Thats so much better than a full blow-out.

Back