I feel so left out on here

plove

I have been doing the Crown and Glory from the time I BC in Nov of 2005.
I only leave my hair out for about 4 days and then it's back to braids.
I have micro braids in my hair that i did back in April. Today I finished redoing ALL my micro braid. I was going to take them out in Nov but as the days get closer to Nov I'm like no I don't want to take them out. I redid them to leave them in until April of next year. This is how bad I want long hair.

But I feel so left out most of the time.
I love seeing all the things you ladies do to your hair.
I want to play with my hair to but I committed to my braids.
So i decided to play around a lil with my braids to see if that will help.

Last edited:
Heck yeah! I do crown and glory but you know were supposed to take a break right? I do some of everything with my hair! Dont feel trapped or left out. Do you boo! Crown and glory aint going nowhere :)

Awww, me too. It's so hard to read the henna thread (I :love: henna) and not wanna try everything anybody says worked well for them. I miss my hair terribly. I added to ticker to my signature this morning to help me count down the remaining days. :( But I'm staying with C&G. I'm on a mission and I will not be detered. Oct is my 1 year anniversary. I have one more year to go.

Last edited:
i know how bored you feel, i wore braids for a good year or so until i reached waistlength because i was so focused on getting long hair, it was very worth it in the end. Maybe look through some braid style magazines to find new ways or accessorize ans jazz up your style.

den1 said:
i know how bored you feel, i wore braids for a good year or so until i reached waistlength because i was so focused on getting long hair, it was very worth it in the end. Maybe look through some braid style magazines to find new ways or accessorize ans jazz up your style.

I love to look at your hair Den1.
I know you are on the Crown and Glory site.
I have not see my hair out in 5 months and it's killing me but I want the wow factor. I want to feel my hair on my back.
I'm also leaven my braids in for a year because I'm my own SHS.
If I take my braids out I'm going to want to cut my hair.
I'm trying not to cut my hair until Jan 2008.

Last edited:
Girl don't feel left out. I would love to be in your place. I wish I had to money to keep braids year round so that I could do the crown and glory method....and also so I could stop looking a H.A.M. during my transition!!

plove said:
I love to look at your hair Den1.
I know you are on the Crown and Glory site.
I have not see my hair out in 5 months and it's killing me but I want the wow factor. I want to feel my hair on my back.
I'm also leaven my braids in for a year because I'm my own SHS.
If I take my braids out I'm going to want to cut my hair.
I'm trying not to cut my hair until Jan 2008.
Thanks plove, why not have a change, you need it girl, like beyondcute mentioned give your hair break from extensions, just pamper your hair and wear it out for a month or two, then you can braid or weave it again.

den1 said:
Thanks plove, why not have a change, you need it girl, like beyondcute mentioned give your hair break from extensions, just pamper your hair and wear it out for a month or two, then you can braid or weave it again.

Before I pamper my hair I want it longer then its ever been. Right now my hair is a inch below collarbone. When I did the BC my hair was 2inch below collarbone. I want my hair to be almost APL before I wear it down.
APL will be my wow factor. My hair has never been that long before.
I really want to wow myself and everyone else that knows/see me.

And the sad thing is I have like 44 hair Mags I use to have more but i throw/gave a lot of them away. my lil sister would always ask my why do i buy hair mags when i don't do anything to my hair.:lol: I like the pic and some of the information.

den1 said:

I agree with this!
I feel you Plove, I was/am in the weave and crow and glory challenge since october 2005 but during 2006 summer time, I did just what den1 and beyondcute said , I pampered my hair and did some cute styles with my hair (natural style and heat style) and had fun with it!
Now I'm back to box braids and weave and I 'm motivated because I know that my hair will be longer than in summer time and because I had a break I'm more focused I have decided to not see my hair by Christmas (I was in hide hair til christmas challenge) but by march 2007!

plove said:
Before I pamper my hair I want it longer then its ever been. Right now my hair is a inch below collarbone. When I did the BC my hair was 2inch below collarbone. I want my hair to be almost APL before I wear it down.
APL will be my wow factor. My hair has never been that long before.
I really want to wow myself and everyone else that knows/see me.

And the sad thing is I have like 44 hair Mags I use to have more but i throw/gave a lot of them away. my lil sister would always ask my why do i buy hair mags when i don't do anything to my hair.:lol: I like the pic and some of the information.
I understand you very well, i'm sort of, going through a similar phase myself but listen to soun advice, she knows what's she's talking about. Remember it takes time to gain length and it can get frustrating at times that's why you need to let your hair down once in a while, it can't hurt you'll probably be very suprised at it.

soun said:
I agree with this!
I feel you Plove, I was/am in the weave and crow and glory challenge since october 2005 but during 2006 summer time, I did just what den1 and beyondcute said , I pampered my hair and did some cute styles with my hair (natural style and heat style) and had fun with it!
Now I'm back to box braids and weave and I 'm motivated because I know that my hair will be longer than in summer time and because I had a break I'm more focused I have decided to not see my hair by Christmas (I was in hide hair til christmas challenge) but by march 2007!

i'm hiding mine until March as well Soun!!

do cute styles Plove or in november give ur hair a break for at least two weeks so you can at least enjoy it.

I think its so awesome how committed you are to this! I admire your discipline so much. I was supposed to keep my braids in for 3-4 months.... maaan, I took them out after only 5 weeks. I just couldnt do it! I was really hoping for that "wow" factor too, but i just didnt have the patience.

Girl, it will be sooo worth it when you take them out! Keep on hanging in there, we're proud of you!

KiniKakes said:
I think its so awesome how committed you are to this! I admire your discipline so much. I was supposed to keep my braids in for 3-4 months.... maaan, I took them out after only 5 weeks. I just couldnt do it! I was really hoping for that "wow" factor too, but i just didnt have the patience.

Girl, it will be sooo worth it when you take them out! Keep on hanging in there, we're proud of you!

only 5 weeks:lol:
thanks to you all. I'm going to stay commited to my micro braids until April of next year. I just need to get over this feeling . I know it will be worth it.

Back