I feel like a weirdo

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So my cousin came and she wanted me to straighten her hair. I washed deep conditioned, blowdried, flat ironed, curled and then took a pressing comb to the edges.

My other cousin was shocked at all of my tools. he kept exclaiming that i had a whole salon in my closet. They havent even seen the rest of my flat iron and blowdryer collection, not to mention my product stash.

I feel like such a weirdo. I never had my "hair stuff" seen by people i know other than my immediate family. I never thought much of it because I enjoy doing my hair and experementation. It just made me wonder if i just have too much stuff.:ohwell:

How much is too much when it comes to hair care?

Too much is according to YOU! You had what you needed for your cousin's hair to be LAID....so...I won't even go into what I have in my stash......

This is why I hide products if I know others will be coming into my room if they are visiting. I get enough talk from close family about my bottles of shampoo, conditioners and moisturisers. They seem to think I use all of them at once. Now that is weird! How is that even possible?

Each of my products has a purpose and I use them according to what my hair needs. How is that so hard to understand? They are the weird ones... not me.

It might be "too much" for them but just right for you.

Last edited:
I have at least 7 curlers, which is unusual for a 19 year old university student!

Im secretly proud of my little collection of hair stuff!
Plus my flat mates love me for it!

The phrase "Too Much" means nothing when it comes to haircare IMO.

I have a pretty HUGE stash that consist of ALOT of products, 4 Flat Irons, 3 blow dryers, Steam Rollers, Two bonnet dryers, and a hair therapy wrap.... and I'm perfectly fine with it :yep:. I see it this way, I enjoy haircare and I want long luxurious HEALTHY Hair, so why not invest in it. As long as your savings is secured, and your bills are paid, what you do with your money is YOUR BUSINESS! Go ham girl.

(Disclaimer: I am in no way saying this because I want you to keep blogging about all of your products explorations.....Well maybe a little :giggle:.)

As long as you can afford it and have a place to put it there is no such thing as "too much". I just freaked out my friend when she came over to twist my aunt's hair and saw my stash. I don't have hair products, I have ingredients to make hair products. She could not believe I had so much stuff and that's not even a lot to me. Now that I've found out I can have more than one blow dryer and flatiron Sally's better watch out.

I dont think you should feel weird. I have a closet full of oils, shampoos, conditioners and other stuff. No one really sees my closet though. She came to you for a reason, just like my cousins do. He may be shocked, but to other, it shows that you care and know what to do.

You can never have too much hair products and tools....ever. :look:

Sincerely,

Product Junky

Well he is a man, therefore he was always going to be shocked. As long as you can afford it and your hair looks good then I dont think you have too much. Plus I just looked at your blog, I LOVE it

Back