I feel bad, but I can't stretch this relaxer anymore!

Bronxcutie

On Friday, February 5 it will be two months since I've had a touch-up. To many of you that's not a long stretch at all, but I can't take it anymore! This biotin has caused my hair to grow like a weed! I have soooo much new growth! There is no way I can make it another month. Is two months too short of a span between relaxing?

No, if that is all you can do, it is ok. I stretched to 8 weeks last time I went, but I used to go every 4 weeks because my new growth would be kinda out of control. So 8 weeks can be a stretch for some folks. It's ok. You dun good!... Haha... :yep:

If you need a technique to help you stretch try co washing daily and wet bunning this always works for me. I just started back on biotin I can only hope I will be back here soon with my new growth acting up!

completely agree. what good will it be if you continue to stretch and not enjoy your hair or worse - have it break off?:nono:

good job!

I agree. I'm going through this now. I forgot how many weeks post I am but I have about an inch of ng and I'm relaxing on thursday. my hair is tangles like crazy and I'm getting shedding and breakage. I think stretching is a good thing as long as you can do it without breakage. People also need to take into account their growth rates and density of their hair when stretching.

2 months is a great start. I started out at 8 weeks and I can now stretch to 15 weeks. I would like to eventually be able to stretch for 6 months but that will take more training:lol:

Don't push it. If your hair can't take it, just go as far as you can. Stretching is not for everyone

I say relax, I remember when 8 weeks used to be a big deal for me, it takes training. If you want to stretch longer, I would suggest getting a sew-in

Back