I Failed the Hide Hair til April Challenge

Nature'sWay

I couldn't take it. I was tired of the itching and pulling from the roots (I had micros in to hide my own hair) every time I put my hair in a pony tail for work. The good news is that the back of my hair grew some. I would say 2/3 of an inch. The top and sides grew some too but it was a bit raggedy at the ends and I ended up getting them trimmed a bit. My hair is now at the end of my ears on the sides and gets lower as it goes around to the back and I am mid neck length in the back. I may have failed the April challenge however I am still aiming for shoulder length in December. The rest is layered so it isn't all the same length.

What is important for you now is protective style that you can handle, TLC and a good diet, and for sure you'll reach your december 2007 shoulder length goal!

soun said:
What is important for you now is protective style that you can handle, TLC and a good diet, and for sure you'll reach your december 2007 shoulder length goal!
ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see the 'Star Rating Police' have been at this thread already *rolls eyes*

Serenity21 - don't worry about it. Well done for admitting it, and keep chasing your ultimate goal - you'll get there.

Girl dont even trip!!! I failed it a long time ago. I saw the results and wanted to do it so bad but my hair needs to breath from time to time. I mainly wear it up during the week at work so it doesnt rub on my clothes. All the girls couldnt wait until I went home to get my hair relaxed. They hated seeing alll that new growth...I loved it:lol:

What I decided is that I need to do whats right for my hair. There are plenty of women on here who wear their hair down and get the same results as anyone else. Your hair will guide you...I sound like the Karate Kid's instructor

You are certainly not alone. I was failing miserably, simply because I'm already so tired of buns and ponytails. But I got kinky twists last week so I should make it to April 1 with no problem now. Definitely the only way for me to get through a challenge like this in the future is to wear braids or weaves.

On another note, wearing my hair out works fine for me with little breakage until I get about 5 weeks post-relaxer. Then the newgrowth starts to complicate things...

Back