I dyed my hair! Roux Porosity & Jilbere!

robot.

Alright, so, last night, I decided to just try everything new at once. :grin:
I went to Sally's, picked up my hair color (L'oreal Color Gems at the rec of a member), an applicator brush, a small bottle of Roux Porosity control, and a Jilbere shower comb.

Got home (after McD's :look: :lick:) and my friend and I begin to mix the color. As I squeezed the color into a plastic bowl, I blurted out, "WHY IS IT NOT BLACK OR BLUE? :perplexed:" Neither of us had ever colored our hair before, so we were going to call the help hotline, but it was only open Mon-Fri, to which my friend replied, "They know people dye their hair on the WEEKENDS." :lol:

Despite that, we trudged on and started applying the 'color.' It went pretty smoothly, so I was happy. :yep: I have a sunstreak in my hair, so even though we couldn't see the blue just yet, I would've been happy to just have all my hair a uniform color. :lol:

So we processed and rinsed. I did the ApHogee 2 Min and followed with the Roux. Rinsed that out and then DC'd with Pantene R&N Mask (I added jojoba, SAA, and castor oil) then had my friend paint it on my head with a relaxer brush.

Well, I DC'd for about two hours. :lol: I wanted to make sure I was good to go! So I rinsed and... :blush: My hair has never been softer! My relaxed parts (I'm three months post) had never felt that soft and my new growth was behavin' and curls poppin'! And the SHINE! :cool2: My hair has NEVER shined before! AND I could see my blue! :grin: I was ecstatic! I really think the Roux was responsible for the softness. :love:

And no tearing through my head with my old comb, I was surprised at how the Jilbere parted and glided through my hair. No tangles, ripping, or anything!

I tried to take pictures with my camera phone (5 megapixels) but I couldn't get it to show the color well or my new growth. I do have one picture of my NG in comparison to my relaxed ends. I'll try to get that up now. And I will try again today to snap better pictures. I REALLY like this color! :lick:

ETA:
21oqvx4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad that all worked out well for you! I might have to try Roux and a jilbere after all.
Can't wait to see the color pics!

Glad to hear of your good results with the color, roux and jilbere. Make sure to really take care of your color and continue with a balance of protein and moisture conditioning.

Last edited:
Winne, I really like both products and they're really inexpensive investments. :grin:

Thanks, Aggie. :yep: I just got the Joico K-Pak line, so I'm hoping to get good results for that and the RN mask is really moisturizing for me.

Winne, I really like both products and they're really inexpensive investments. :grin:

Thanks, Aggie. :yep: I just got the Joico K-Pak line, so I'm hoping to get good results for that and the RN mask is really moisturizing for me.

You're welcomed sweetie.

Back