I don't think I like the Maxiglide

Musicachic

So I got the Maxiglide XP today and I don't really think I like it. I tried it with the pin plate and the smooth plate. I detangled my hair first with a fine tooth comb and didn't press the plates together very hard. The smooth plate was ok. My ends feel better with the steam moisture. :wallbash:

But I am thinking of trying the Jilbere de Paris Titanium Tool Straightening Steam Iron from Sally's. But there are no reviews on the Sally's site. And I only see one thread on here where someone has used it. When you goggle search, you don't get any reviews either. I hate being the girl that returns everything lately, but I gotta know these things. :wallbash:

Anyone have any ideas? :ohwell:

Hello Musicachic,

You can go to www.youtube.com and place the title of the flat iron in the search area and bring up many reviews (I've seen them). Plus there are instructional videos of many women using different types of flat irons and make a decision of yeah or neah from that.... Trust me it helps (So I think...) Because of this, I too almost bought the Maxiglide and decided against it b/c many women have complained of breakage after almost 1 year of useage with the many diff. steam straighteners. I think the steam weakens the hair.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I had the same experience. I don't like it. Someone may have opinions on how to make it work. I have heard that you cannot press it firmly like you do with other irons. I gave up on it myself.

Yeah I had checked on youtube and there is no one using the Jilbere steam iron. It's weird is no one buying it? Jilbere makes good products. It's silly there are no reviews.

i have the maxiglide mp....and i thought i would like it to straighten my entire hair...but i dont. so i only use it to steam straighten my ends when its time for a dust. i can see splits better

I have the Maxiglide and experienced serious hair breakage myself. I only use it on my weaves now.

I am thinking about the red Conair steam flat iron or that Jilbere steam flat iron I mentioned initally. Which one would be the one you try next after you return the maxiglide? :whyme:

I didn't like it either. I returned it to the store. It was too big. I've become accustomed to the narrower flat irons.

My maxiglide broke:perplexed...it started smoking and gave off an awful smell the last time it tried used it (others have resported this too). It did get my hair straight though. A lot of people didn't like the pins.

I hope the Sedu is better:look::yep:.

So I was able to find that Conair Steam Straightening Flat Iron... I only used it on a few sections of hair since I had already used the Maxiglide yesterday in my trial. But it is a big improvement to me. My hair glides through even when I used the little Conair detangling roller things in their iron. It probably doesn't have as much steam come out at once since it comes out on its own in a pulse of some sort, but my ends were still looking moisturized once I was done. I think this is a keeper. Definitely the first vibes are better than the Maxiglide. :locks:

Ugh, and I so want a Maxiglide. But they are so expensive I just passed up another oppourtunity to buy one with a coupon, because even with a coupon it's still too expensive. I think I won't flat iron for a few years because regardless of what you use to straighten your hair, the intense heat will damage your hair even with heat protectant.

Back