I Don't Know Why..

lnana04

But I've been having GREAT results with Avocado conditoner, the one that comes in the jar(I think it's lustrasilk), on my natural hair.

What I've been doing is applying the HOT condtioner to my DRY hair and letting it sit. Yesterday I warmed the conditoner in a plastic cup for like 45 seconds to a minute, or until it was basically a liquid and I applied it to my hair. It was hot on my hands, so I would advice most to use gloves or something, and to not put it on the scalp until it has cooled a bit, but after that I put on a plastic cap and let it sit for like an hour or two. I then washed it out and used a Dennam brush to untangle.

The ending results, even after air-dryed, is extremely soft hair. My favorite shampoos and conditoners are Redken and their All Soft doesn't even make my hair feel like this. I also spritz botanicals oil on my hair while it was damp. The results are great.

Hmmm, sounds really promising(5-4-3-2-1...out of control PJism activating) I wonder if this method will work on the other zillion conditioners currently in stock or if this specific product must be purchased. Are you natural, relaxed or other? Also awaiting more details on the botanical oils...

DivaRox said:
Hmmm, sounds really promising(5-4-3-2-1...out of control PJism activating) I wonder if this method will work on the other zillion conditioners currently in stock or if this specific product must be purchased. Are you natural, relaxed or other? Also awaiting more details on the botanical oils...

LOL

I'm natural. I've been natural for five years now and my hair is getting harder to manage with each year that passes by. After it took about 30 minutes to detangle(which is usually 1:30 minutes) I twisted it, while still damp, and sprayed the Botanicals oil on the twists, then I put a scarf on it.

When I undid the twists yesterday morning my hair was soooo soft and had a bit of body:confused: .

I'm not sure if it works with other products. The good thing is that the conditioner is no more than $2.50, I think, but the oil is like 3-4 dollars.

I tried this on my sisters relaxed hair and the results weren't as good, although she washed before putting the conditioner on. I would advice one to put it on dry hair.

Hmmm-well the putting it on dry hair and warming it up is what caught my eye so I wonder if your sister's washing it first was the reason for the difference? I am relaxing this week so I will try a mini version of this with my on hand products before I go back into twists. Thanks for the post. Always up for new hair tricks.

Avocado in it's self is the bomb natural moisturizer. I used a real avocado and mixed it with ACV and olive oil as a pre-poo once. My hair came out very moisturized, strong, and luscious feeling. I haven't done it since but I've used the combo of the other products I used afterwords and it really hasn't been the same.

Back