I don't know what to do with my hair!!

DejaVu2

I'm going through that awkward stage :look:

It's been about 7 months since I cut all my hair off, and until now I've been finding my hair easy to deal with. But now that it's growing longer, I've noticed that wash and go's aren't that simple. When I try to put a comb through it later.. I find a knot :nono:

Right now I co-wash like daily or every other day. Should I minimize this? Should I plait my hair? I can do that but it looks hilarious :lachen:

At home I just separate my hair, like kiddy style lol to avoid tangles.

What else can I do?

Last edited:
DejaVu2 - Girl what ever you do please do not wear your hair out the house like it is in the picture you posted, lol. When I saw that picture you made me laugh. Okay seriously you have beautiful hair, how about wearing flat twist styles?

Last edited:
@DejaVu2 - Girl what ever you do please do not wear your hair out the house like it is in the picture you posted, lol. When I saw that picture you made me laugh. Okay seriously you have beautiful hair, how about wearing flat twist styles?

@natural2008 :lachen:

Even though I have a young looking face I would NEVER in a billion years go out like that. Yhh... my whole family/and friends clown me when they see my hair like that but hey it's really comfortable :lol:. When my hair is out it's annoying as hell so I'd like to relax/be myself at home LOL.

Flat twists? Is there a tutorial... or pic of that? I don't know how to do flat twists.

Your hair is so cute! lol You can do two-strand twists, cornrows, french braids, etc. You can literally do anything with it. If you want to wear your hair loose, plait it at night so you won't get (as many) tangles.

DejaVu2 - Yes, ma'am there are plenty of tutorials on youtube. Search youtube and you will find any and everything. I am just now finally getting my flat twist down but I learned from youtube. Your hair is gorgeous and you can do anything with it.

I vote twist outs. I just hit the point where daily wash and goes are no longer convenient so I started doing twist outs, then doing mini pineapples (pretty much what you've got going on in the pic) at night to keep my hair for about three days. All I have to do in the mornings are either take out my twists or take down my pineapples and go.

My thanks button is STILL not working. I need to sort that out. If a mod is reading this, could you please look into it?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm defo going to try out a twist out. I never knew I sucked at hairstyles until I cut my hair off, LOL. There are so many things I don't know how to do e.g cornrows, twists.. etc etc.

I'm tempted to weave it up.. or something. This kiddy hairstyle is going to lose me some dates :lachen:

Last edited:
Back