I don't know if this is a good idea,

gn1g

I don\'t know if this is a good idea,

I just got a sew in weave and I really don't like it. I want to remove it "MYSELF". Have you ever removed your own sewn in weave? IF so how did you do it without cutting your hair?

Re: I don\'t know if this is a good idea,

I've tryed doing that, and you CAN get the weave out but if you do it yourself, you might still end up cuting off some of your hair.. Thats what happen to me, and I had help with mine hair... All I can say is pray, or wait untill you can get some help if your still scared...

If its not urgent, try to get someone else to help you. Are you trying to take out a freshly done sew in. Becuz I know that the longet it is in, the easier it is to take, well for my friend it was.

I had a roommate remove mine when I had one. I would hate for you to cut your hair off by accident. It would be better if you found someone else to do it....it doesn't take much but cutting the threads.

Be on the safe side and get someone to do it for you. I did it myself way back then and cut a whole piece of my hair off thinking I was cutting string.

I usually remove mine myself...i'm extremely careful. Once I cut a piece of the thread, I use my hands to remove the rest of the weave. I find a part of the weave that the loosest and I know it's thread and cut. Then use fingers when possible. For me I don't go to the hairdresser. And I don't trust anyone to cut the weave out of my hair, because they may slip with scissor and then i'm going to flip and slip myself. That's just me..DISCLAIMER....DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I also had someone help remove it. It was too much weave hair and I couldn't see the threads. I know I would have made a mistake and would have cut my hair.

if you really have to do it yourself find the end where it is tied of and only cut that. then undo the sewing by hand this is the safest way if you have to do it by yourself

I do my own all the time. I just feel around for the strings, tug on it to make sure that it is in fact a string, and snip it.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
If its not urgent, try to get someone else to help you. Are you trying to take out a freshly done sew in. Becuz I know that the longet it is in, the easier it is to take, well for my friend it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true
smile.gif
When i removed mine, the braids were loose hence was the thread. You must take your time with this. Although i don't suggest taking out a weave by urself after it was just done. u'd probably wind up losing more than u bargained for.

I've removed mine myself. But never a freshly done one. Only after I had had it in for a while and it had loosened up. Since yours is new and probably tight, I highly recommend getting someone to help you and even then some of your own hair will probably get clipped.

Back