I dont care what anybody says I love Mixed Silk Leave-in!

I'm loving this leave-in too! The smell doesn't bother me and it works great for my wash n goes. It doesn't leave my hair crunchy either.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I expericenced breakage with Wheat protein. My hair refuses to get along with any type of protein unless its the one thats in eco styler lol. Oh and Silk protein, that stuff doesnt bother my hair either.
My hair loves anything basically with wheat protein. That's why my hair is in love with Aveda damage remedy shampoo, it's chalked with it. this is just one of many products I use with the Wheat protein in it.

Okay so I've used it a couple of times on my own hair and once on my 14 y.o. dd's hair. Overall I like it and at first I didn't really notice the smell that some complain about. But when it dries, to me, it smells like soap or dish washing liquid. So my solution is to seal with hot 6 oil (for scent) and then I'm good.

I haven't tried the other products in the line but I might be willing to give the DC a shot (not big on shampoos).
:yep:

I used it for the first time today. I love it! I have big fluffy defined curls. I will post pics some day.. this will definitely be a staple

I tried the leave in today. I like it. :yep: I don't mind the smell too much...it's strong but doesn't necessarily stink and does fade but I like how it smells in my hair versus the bottle.

Now it does have a cone...as I know alot are concerned with buildup...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the A-cone (which is in it) water soluble?

I don't get the hang like I do with my EcoStyler...I get more shrinkage but I don't mind it. I think I put too much bc I had the white drips in my hair. I kinda wish it was a teeny bit thicker.

I wanna get the shampoo and DC as well. This product was pretty decent. :yep:

The a-cone isn't water soluble, but it can be cleansed with coco betaine, rather than having to go full out and use a sulfate:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlr...cone-and-other-amine-functionalized-silicones

I still have half a bottle of my Mixed Silk...may break it out in a bit. :)

Good to know! Thanx!:)

I do like this leave in tho. I expected it to work as a styling product rather than a regular leave-in because of the reviews...which is why I bought it for the soft hold.

My hair still feels soft and fluffy!:) but I'll try not to use so much next time.

Thank-A-You! That's what I'm talking about. This product works for me and that's all I'm interested in. People are going to think it's a bad product because maybe for them it is. But for me, it's great and accessible and cheap, so, more for me. I've stocked up on a few bottles and switch back and forth with other curl cremes and leave-ins that I like, but I agree that this is one to keep.

My sister had to intervene in my trying to purchase the shampoo & DC. :lol:.....I really like this stuff tho...even if I have to do my hair everyday...it doesn't take me 12 hours to dry anymore!:woohoo:

FYI: The entire Mixed Silk line is on sale for 5.99 at sally's

I picked up the deep conditioner. I will be trying it tomorrow.

Glad I saw this thread. I was wondering if Mixed Silk was as good as Mixed Chicks, now I know! I've always wanted to try Mixed Chicks but was deterred due to the $$$

Um so I finally decided this leave in is my staple it just works perfectly in my hair. I just finished a bottle and I've been putting off buying one hoping it will go on sale for the holidays. I decided to buy one just now, went to the website and THE WHOLE LINE IS GONE! It was there last week!

Is it still on the shelves in stores? I'm so upset right now!

EDIT: looks like mixed chicks won their lawsuit
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/be...t-a-huge-step-for-small-businesses-2012-11-08

Last edited:
Now see, this is where "stashing" and "product junkie-ism " is to be given its props. While this product is off the shelves (I'm hoping it's temporary) I've got all I need here at home.

I think it's definitely gone forever. I really wish I had stocked up on it I am trying to get over my hoarding tendencies and this happens :nono:

Wow! I had been thinking about trying other products in the line. I was on the fence with the leave-in. I'm looking for something moisturizing, but with a little more hold.

I have a bottle in my stash that's half empty. first time using it to do 2 strand twists, and I didn't like the way my hair looked cause it looked flaky and dry. I retwisted my hair a few days ago with it but sealed it with jojoba/castor oil mix, looked 10x better with oil seal, no flaky look. plan to retwist again next week with it.

Good for them!

I guess people should try to catch Mixed Chicks on sale to get it cheaper. I am not going to support a large company stealing sales from small women-owned businesses.

Back