I DNT KNOW WAT SPLIT ENDS LOOKS LIKE!!

SheenaVee

Hi every1!

Im a newbie but I've bin lurkin 4 a while. LHCF has helped me BIGTIME! My cuzins think im obsessed lol. Neway i wanna check my hair 4 splits 2 cut dem off but i dunno wat splits look like! help plz!

jus in case u need to kno:
I'm like 4a,4b relaxed with neck, almost shoulder length hair.

plz get bck 2 me!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.wikihow.com/Trim-Your-Own-Split-Ends

[edit] Method 1Take some hair, not too much, like the size of a McDonald's or Burger King straw. Twist it, then look closely at it. You will see all the broken dried off pieces and split ends popping up.
Take your scissors and just start trimming them off. Repeat this process with the same group of hair to get the ones you missed. Then grab a new group and do the same.

[edit] Method 2Take some hair (spread it wide), about an inch or whatever you feel comfortable with. This part is a little tricky.
Place index finger over the “wide" group & the middle finger will be under (kind of like your fingers are pretend scissors) to have the hair on top of it. Then with your ring finger, place it over the hair. Basically weave it through these 3 fingers. It’s awkward, but start where you feel comfortable. You will probably like the hair just behind your ear. Be prepared for eye strain!
Finger placement should be up higher, because you will start there & go down to the ends. This method also has those broken dried off pieces & split ends, popping up.
Take scissors and start trimming them off. Beware of the placement or angle of your scissors. Be careful not to chop off a “chunk"!
Slowly slide fingers down and you will see a whole new set of broken those broken dried off pieces and split ends popping up. Continue all the way to the bottom. When you get there, you may as well just cut them all off.

[

Steps 2 Get rid of them..

http://www.wikihow.com/Trim-Your-Own-Split-Ends

[edit] Method 1Take some hair, not too much, like the size of a McDonald's or Burger King straw. Twist it, then look closely at it. You will see all the broken dried off pieces and split ends popping up.
Take your scissors and just start trimming them off. Repeat this process with the same group of hair to get the ones you missed. Then grab a new group and do the same.

[edit] Method 2Take some hair (spread it wide), about an inch or whatever you feel comfortable with. This part is a little tricky.
Place index finger over the “wide" group & the middle finger will be under (kind of like your fingers are pretend scissors) to have the hair on top of it. Then with your ring finger, place it over the hair. Basically weave it through these 3 fingers. It’s awkward, but start where you feel comfortable. You will probably like the hair just behind your ear. Be prepared for eye strain!
Finger placement should be up higher, because you will start there & go down to the ends. This method also has those broken dried off pieces & split ends, popping up.
Take scissors and start trimming them off. Beware of the placement or angle of your scissors. Be careful not to chop off a “chunk"!
Slowly slide fingers down and you will see a whole new set of broken those broken dried off pieces and split ends popping up. Continue all the way to the bottom. When you get there, you may as well just cut them all off.

[

Thanks pretty face, I didnt know either how it looked, ive sometimes thought I had split ends but now I can see I didnt :)

Back