I didnt think it would work,but Y'all got me. It works!!!!!!!!!!!

nadine1977canada

Okay, I read in here that some of you add honey to your conditioners.I always thought it would get sticky if i added honey so i never tried it. Well today, I was making supper for granny and that honey bear bottle was right in my face and I thought:" oh what the heck, I'll take it with me and add it to my conditioner." :look:

I was washing my hair and used the conditioner mixed with honey and i noticed my hair had that "slip":lol: ( LOL now i know what it means) I didn’t even rinse my hair...ran out to my bedroom and got the honey bottle and went crazy!:lachen: I added some more to my conditioner bottle and then i added it to my hydration mask! LOL This stuff works!! This is the best discovery ever! Who ever in here got the idea of using honey is a freaking GENIUS!!! :grin:

Last edited:
shunta said:
Hmm, thats interesting. I would think it would be sticky, though.:confused:

Me too but its not!:eek: I was shocked by this!

Sadely, the honey bear bottle will never EVER return to the kitchen again!

Last edited:
Congratulations!! :up: I've been adding honey to my conditioner for awhile now and my hair loves me for it :love:

Shunta you can use any store brand honey....try it I guarantee you will LOVE it!! :yep:

nadine1977canada said:
Okay, I read in here that some of you add honey to your conditioners.I always thought it would get sticky if i added honey so i never tried it. Well today, I was making supper for granny and that honey bear bottle was right in my face and I thought:" oh what the heck, I'll take it with me and add it to my conditioner." :look:

I was washing my hair and used the conditioner mixed with honey and i noticed my hair had that "slip":lol: ( LOL now i know what it means) I didn’t even rinse my hair...ran out to my bedroom and got the honey bottle and went crazy!:lachen: I added some more to my conditioner bottle and then i added it to my hydration mask! LOL This stuff works!! This is the best discovery ever! Who ever in here got the idea of using honey is a freaking GENIUS!!! :grin:

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! Everyone is going Honey crazy!:dance7: Its such a beautiful thing. I look forward to washing my hair so much more now. At first i only used it for my co-washes but now I use it in my conditioner everytime i wash my hair.

I need to try this too. I was looking at the blackstrap molasses in the store today. I think someone mentioned this before as well. Does anyone know how that works and what to mix it with?

Blackstrap is yummy

Lavendar said:
I need to try this too. I was looking at the blackstrap molasses in the store today. I think someone mentioned this before as well. Does anyone know how that works and what to mix it with?
I used a 50/50 mix while I was on vacation with my co-wash conditioner. I mix it in my hand in the shower, no true measuring. You may wish to start with a 75 condish/25 molasses (or honey) for the final conditioner (or as a pre-poo).

EricaUk said:
When you guys use the honey with the conditioner do you use the heating cap aswell?

It really just depends on if you want too. I always do because I want that deep condition. BUT, I have done it with the heating cap before. (I think the first time I tried out the honey.) It worked so well I said, "I am adding heat to this!!"

I love it it!

Excuse me for being slow:eek: , but are you ladies using a spoon full of honey in the amount conditioner you're using that particular day, or are you adding a spoon full of honey to the entire bottle of conditioner?

CreoleBelle said:
Excuse me for being slow:eek: , but are you ladies using a spoon full of honey in the amount conditioner you're using that particular day, or are you adding a spoon full of honey to the entire bottle of conditioner?

You are not slow. I add a few teaspoons to the conditioner I am using that day. I mix it up all up in a lil hair bowl I picked up from Sally's. I also add a little EVOO with the honey and my hair LOVES this mix!!

Letitia said:
You are not slow. I add a few teaspoons to the conditioner I am using that day. I mix it up all up in a lil hair bowl I picked up from Sally's. I also add a little EVOO with the honey and my hair LOVES this mix!!

Thanks a bunch Letitia! I thought everyone was adding a spoonfull to the whole bottle.

Letitia said:

I use the same mix....if you want to feel the tingles then add a few drops of rosemary EO and peppermint EO....feels so so good ;)

EMJazzy said:
I use the same mix....if you want to feel the tingles then add a few drops of rosemary EO and peppermint EO....feels so so good ;)

And I have both of these. I will try them out in my next deep condition. Thanks for the tip.

Letitia said:

Ditto, except for evoo, I use jojoba. :)

Letitia said:

I do the same. Sometimes I add 1 egg or alittle mayo for the protein benefits. The peppermint oil sounds great-i might try that next.

Back