I did the big chop--MYSELF.

henrilou

Hi. I don't post alot, but I read everything you all say...I have been really thinking about cutting my hair for 6 months. My hair is just below b/s with. Mine weren't see-through BUT I could see that they weren't as dense as the rest. I DID NOT trust my stylist for this, because with that much cutting I could't put that in anyones' hands. I put my hair in a pony and felt the lenght. it started thinning out about 5 inches from the end. That's where I cut. just like that. I was scared to look but you know what...YES!!! Finally it has the same density all the way to the bottom. My hair is so much closer to being all one length now. Now it's about 3-4 inches above b/s... but it looks so much nicer, healthier. It's really true what you all have been saying: lenght with out health, or if its scraggly is not worth it.

Well, congratulations to you. You sound like you are very happy about your choice. I can't wait to see the pics. I am sure it looks lovely!

congrats! Where are the new pics?
poke.gif

awesome, but just as peachtree stated: where are those pics? i have been waiting for an update in your album for months, lol.

Congrats! I've had to do that myself one time and it grew back much healthier.

Congratulations. I love the way freshly cut/trimmed hair looks so I think may become addicted. I bet it looks great.

Great! I know what you mean, I have not done the big chop yet, but before I got braids this past week I had to cut these scraggly ends that were long but weak looking in the very back of my head, I felt that if I didn't my hair would just split on up. It kept irritating me that people thought I needed a trim at the beauty shop, I was like no, I am transitioning, I need a cut!

Do you think you will cut more to make sure you got everything?

GIRL..OH MY GOSH..YOU DID IT..WOW..YOU GO GIRL...WHEN I READ YOUR POST I WAS LIKE OH SH**..( EXCUSE MY FRENCH..BECAUSE YOUR HAIR ALBUM LOOKS GREAT...ETC..BUT YOU GO GIRL..WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

Congrats to you. im sure it looks great
smile.gif
i did chop 3" offa mine too and became depressed - i got over it. when i looked at the pics i thought id taken off too much. glad im not alone in the DIY'ers
look.gif

Back