I did the BC. I am au natural!!

BW1

I finally did the big chop!! My last relaxer was on December 9,2005 and I bc'd on August 4, 2006. I transitioned with braids during this time. I am so glad I did it. The whole time I had braids I would take down a few braids in an inconspicuous spot and chop off the relaxed ends so I could see how much new growth i had. Now, I no longer have to do that. Check out my pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/BW1/

PW: in profile

Last edited:
Congrats! Your hair looks nice. In your fotki you mentioned how dry your hair is. I would recommend Oyin's Shine & Define Serum. Conditioner washes may help. The braids may have dried your hair out a bit. In any case, you look great, you have such pretty eyes.

CONGRATS!!!! Can we be hair twins??? I big chopped on the same day and it kinda looks the same!!!

Check out my fotki.

hopeful said:
Congrats! Your hair looks nice. In your fotki you mentioned how dry your hair is. I would recommend Oyin's Shine & Define Serum. Conditioner washes may help. The braids may have dried your hair out a bit. In any case, you look great, you have such pretty eyes.

i was thinking the same thing. :)

natural looks lovely on you.

Congrats on your BC!

I transitioned with braids for over a year. I think I BC'd in March. Anyway I had dryness, too. Right now I go to the salon weekly to get my hair pressed. She deep conditions me every week under the dryer. I don't like CO washes but they work for many ladies so you should try this too. Moisturize, moisturize,.....and your hair will be in good shape before you know it.

Drink plenty of water, too.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new journey. :woot:

I love being natural. For dryness, try the whole head baggie method for a few nights. My hair was dry after the BC because my stylist used a sulfate shampoo and put me under the dryer, neither of which work well for my natural hair.

ITA with the other ladies... your eyes are so striking! And your twa looks great on you! For dryness, I would suggest some s-curl but with a good detangler( i like infusium or aphogee primrose) under it.

It looks GREAT. I don't know if the others have posted it, but I found when I was natural that conditioner washes w/humectant conditioner helped a bit with moisture.

Back