I did the BC and cried...

I feel your pain. It hurts especially when family is negative about what you want to do with your hair. Let me tel you that your hair looks gorgeous!:yep: Rock that TWA with pride. How long did you transition? You cut off a lot of hair. I's like to do my own BC when the time comes. How did you know where the relaxed and natural hair was? You did a good job.:yep:

It takes a lot of courage to do what you did, but please don't regret your decision to do it. Take good care of your hair and it WILL grow back. I've chopped my hair off three times within the span of seven years, and my hair always grew back. There are different ways to transition, to each her own. However, I am a firm believer in transitioning long enough to have just enough hair for a TWA, then cutting the relaxed hair off. This has given me a chance to get to know my hair in every stage from very short to long. The journey for me has not always been easy, but it definitely has been rewarding. I have learned a lot about my hair and about myself. I have found that I can look just as feminine and pretty with a TWA as I can with hair dusting my shoulders. This sense of self didn’t come from compliments from other people. It was my own inner confidence. I love my hair, but I’m not attached to it. It doesn’t define who I am.

My suggestion to you is to see a barber to have your hair shaped up, and ROCK that hair, girl!

Below are some pictures of my own natural hair.

Attachments

• Beauty and the Machine.jpg.jpg
    Beauty and the Machine.jpg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12
  • HPIM2029.jpg
    HPIM2029.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • Image025.jpg
    Image025.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 14
  • Image110.jpg
    Image110.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
I know the feeling honey.. I bc'd on impulse too.. down to the nitty gritty just like you.. honestly what helped was a visit to the barber for a good shape up.. it really helped it feel more like a style then i just hacked away at my hair. once i had it, i felt more comfy with a twa ...

Congrats on your BC! Don't cry girl. Your hair is gorgeous! I know it's hard adjusting to such a drastic change, but trust, you'll start to love it in no time. You just have to have a positive attitude and outlook on it, and the rest will follow. Rock it with confidence and no one should have anything to say. I find that people love it the more confidence I seem to have with it. If you don't have the confidence yet, fake it until you do. HTH!

I know the feeling honey.. I bc'd on impulse too.. down to the nitty gritty just like you.. honestly what helped was a visit to the barber for a good shape up.. it really helped it feel more like a style then i just hacked away at my hair. once i had it, i felt more comfy with a twa ...

I agree totally here! When I BC'd on my own in Sept. I was happy about it, but it desperately needed some shape. I went to the barber the next day and once it had some shape I was pleased!

Give it some time. Going from having a lot of hair to very little can be traumatic, and even once you love it, you may still feel a little remorse every once in a while, but keep you eyes on the prize! You've got lovely hair. You'll be fine! :)

Last edited:
I'm relaxed, but it I ever went natural, this is what I would do. Stretching 5 months whipped my butt.

I am sorry to hear that you think you've made a mistake! Just keep your head up and stay positive.... you will get use to it! I love your texture and CONGRAAAATS!!!

Your Big Chop will make you so happy..learn to love it. You'll be surprised at all the positive responses you'll have if you just OWN IT:grin:!! Looks beautiful with the curls.:yep:

I am soooo impressed. That was a LOT of hair. So thick. I can't imagine how thick (dense) your natural hair is going to be. I am sure it will be gorgeous. The only thing I would suggest is that you go to a salon/barber to get it more uniform. Then try wetting it and using a bit of cheapie conditioner as a leave in. Slap on so great earring and you will feel like a million bucks...at least I did. Either way, congratulations, and I hope you feel better.

Back