I did Aphogee two days ago and I still have breakage-What do I do next?

gymfreak336

Sooo, I have realized that I might be tolerating too much breakage. I have noticed little 2-3 inch hair, especially around my hair line. I have the feeling that my breakage was coming from 1) My rollerclips,sometimes I get them tangled up, 2) Bad night protecting habits, 3) Different textures in my head. I wash and deep condition twice a week like clock work so I decided that maybe I need a strong protien treatment. I used Aphogee and I liked it. My hair felt super soft after rinsing and I followed it up with a mositurizing conditioner for 20-30mins. Well to make a long story short, I still have breakage. I know it is not going to stop dead in its tracks but :eek:, What do I do now? Was my Aphogee old? Did I not use enough?

I would try one more really deep conditioner under a dryer or with a plastic cap on my head.

Thanks ladies. The thing is, are my strands supposed to feel different after the Aphogee. I think my hair soaked it up big time because it doesn't feel any different to me.

I usually clarify with Porosity control after my aphogee treatment. I don't know exactly why this helps, but it does. Did you clarify before or after your aphogee treatment? If not, I would say to do that, and deep condition with something nice like ORS Replenishing.

CAPlush said:
I usually clarify with Porosity control after my aphogee treatment. I don't know exactly why this helps, but it does. Did you clarify before or after your aphogee treatment? If not, I would say to do that, and deep condition with something nice like ORS Replenishing.

I didn't clarify. I might try that. Thanks. I bought a ORS pak today and some Motions CPR. I guess I will try the ors first.

CAPlush said:

ot: You are the lady who turned me on the Octopus clip. I bought the smaller one and it gives me cute little messy buns even though my hair isn't long at all. Thanks

gymfreak336 said:
ot: You are the lady who turned me on the Octopus clip. I bought the smaller one and it gives me cute little messy buns even though my hair isn't long at all. Thanks

Oh, aren't they precious? You get a "bun" without all the tension. I'm glad it helped you:)

CAPlush said:
Oh, aren't they precious? You get a "bun" without all the tension. I'm glad it helped you:)

What's an Octopus clip??? Where do I get them??? Anything with less tension gets my attention!

I recently did a cheapy CON, daily for 5 days (no time to wash), no rinsing, just slathered it on, smoothed my hair back, wiped excess away with a cloth, bunned and went. I finally got the chance to rinse, in the shower after those 5 days, now I have a head of baby hair, no shedding (i did not comb either, it was truly tangle free), applied scurl, smoothed, bunned, tied down, and let dry 80% overnight. This morning back to the bun, no combing, after applying jojoba oil, scurl, a moisturizer, a good oil, and some silicon (proclaim glossing polish), I wont be combing my hair for another week, just adding scurl, moussse( a newbie product)and smooth, when it starts getting grunge and buildup, i'll apply the cheapy CON for 2 days, then shampoo out, restore the pH get rid of buildup with ACV, and start all over. CHALLENGE: Bun all year, no combing. I'm on my way.
good luck, hope i helped:)

Back