I did a Style Seminar last night!!!

The Savvy Sistah

Ladies since we are pushing entrepreneurship (it's really flowing through the body of Christ) I just had to let you know about my newest venture. I was feeling a little down about not having the finances I needed to really invest in my business (I have a bath & body line, www.liquidloungebeauty.etsy.com) but then the Lord used my mother to show me something that I already do, but can be used on a greater scale.

So, last night night I did a seminar for some of the ladies I know and it turned out really great.

Many of them would ask me advice on hair, skincare, makeup and styling so I just picked a date and invited them to come.

I originally invited 20 but some had schedule conflicts ( I'm already planning my next one) so 12 showed up.

I charged $25.00 each for a 3 hour seminar and I booked 1 already from this first one.

Over the years I've done so much (make up for covergirl &max factor, commentator for the Ebony Fashion Fair etc) that I was calling myself a "jack of all trades but a master of known" but my mother said "oneday you'll see why you did all those things".

I really have a desire to help women (oh, they were really excited about the haircare tips) and help them with their self esteem and image. I really focused on them finding what works for them & their lifestyle and not patterning their life so much after celebrities. (who have ample access to makeup artist, wardrobe & hairstylist, face lifts, airbrushing......you get the picture):grin:

And this came out of trying to find away to make extra money to buy supplies for my bath & body line, (I offered all the women 20% off their purchase).

I call my company Savvy Style , "Everyday Style for the Everyday Woman"

Last edited:
That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and inspiring...

Learned a lot from you :)
thanks for sharing amd much success

God is moving - congratulations on your new venture!

I have a bath and body line I am working on now with a target date of 8/12/08!

God is moving - congratulations on your new venture!

I have a bath and body line I am working on now with a target date of 8/12/08!

Congratulations on your new bath & body line!!!!

I'm really praying that God will help me take mine to the next level. I would love to eventually see them in a boutique or store.

This is our season!

Hi The Savvy Sistah:

I wanted to do something like you are doing too. I see so many women who are not working what they got. Also, I thought about doing personal shopping. Anyway, I hope you are blessed with your two businesses. I have a friend who has a friend who does image consulting. She is doing so well that she could actually quit her job but she isn't because she loves her job.

Oh and by the way, is that you in your avatar picture? If so, you look great!

:congrats:

Hi The Savvy Sistah:

I wanted to do something like you are doing too. I see so many women who are not working what they got. Also, I thought about doing personal shopping. Anyway, I hope you are blessed with your two businesses. I have a friend who has a friend who does image consulting. She is doing so well that she could actually quit her job but she isn't because she loves her job.

Oh and by the way, is that you in your avatar picture? If so, you look great!

:congrats:

Go for it girl! I also look at it as ministry. If God has blessed you with a gift that would ultimately help someone else, do it. We are blessed to be a blessing.

BTW, that is me in my avatar. (Thanks for the compliment) It's funny I turned 36 this year and i feel better than I did 10 years ago. Loving God and living for Him does pays off. :grin:

Go for it girl! I also look at it as ministry. If God has blessed you with a gift that would ultimately help someone else, do it. We are blessed to be a blessing.

BTW, that is me in my avatar. (Thanks for the compliment) It's funny I turned 36 this year and i feel better than I did 10 years ago. Loving God and living for Him does pays off. :grin:

Well, I am on another "assignment" at this time.

I just love looking at makeover shows. Some women just need a little help to refine their look. When I go shopping lately, I see women who look really nice. And they have their own since of style. I love that!

Back to you.............I really want that bronze blouse you have on in your avatar!! :grin:

The Savvy Sistah:

I just wanted to mention to you that there are grants out there to help you expand your business. Chris Rock's wife, Malaak, has a non-profit organization called styleWORKS. Her goal is to help women on Welfare get prepared for the work force.

Here are the services that are offered:

styleWORKS is a Brooklyn-based non-profit organization that provided free comprehensive grooming services, i.e., hair styling, make-up application, skincare analysis/facials/waxing, clothing, accessories, and image consulting to women moving from welfare to work. Coupled with, first and foremost, a comprehensive job training program, styleWORKS strived to add a fresh and useful dimension to the steps needed to make a successful transition from welfare to private sector employment.

Here is the link-->http://www.angelrockproject.com/arp/projects/styleworks.asp

Last edited:
Back