I did a mini chop!

brittanynic16

In preparation for my big chop in May I cut off about 5 inches of my 11 inch hair. I thought I was going to die without my long hair but it was not as bad as I thought. My hair is even thicker with all the thinner ends gone. Actually it is super thick and now shoulder length. It looks pretty good. I think I will look okay with short hair. I am just excited about being natural. This is a big change but doing little chops will help me slowly adjust. Wish me luck!

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
In preparation for my big chop in May I cut off about 5 inches of my 11 inch hair. I thought I was going to die without my long hair but it was not as bad as I thought. My hair is even thicker with all the thinner ends gone. Actually it is super thick and now shoulder length. It looks pretty good. I think I will look okay with short hair. I am just excited about being natural. This is a big change but doing little chops will help me slowly adjust. Wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you took the same steps as i did. Except when I chopped it wasnt on the intent of going natural, I just wanted a different look. But I can say that the cut prepared me for the BC because my hair was ear length at the time so it didnt seem so dramatic, Jeez I just relaized that I cut about 13 in of hair off all together in 2003
frown.gif
...oh well
wink.gif

Oh my!!! I just cut my hair too!!
I was scared at first but now I love it!! For some silly reason today I felt that only 2a-3b could go natural. But NOW I feel MUCH MUCH better about what I did. Im gald to see that you are excited about going natural. Im almost there I have 2 1/2 inchs of relaxed hair to go.
weird.gif

Thanks ladies! You are my biggest supporter.

Lillian - I am glad that you feel better about you hair. Good luck on your journey too.

Hey Brittanynic!! Congratulations! I know you're enjoying your thick ends!! That's always a nice thing about chopping. I can't believe so many of you have done the same thing I'm doing. People think I'm crazy when I come to work with less and less hair - but thick ends, very full and nice looking! But since Jan. 15th I've chopped 8 inches total!! Now I have a bob cut (and it stands wayyyyy out in the back and sides) I did it myself and have received a lot of compliments and "Where did you get it done" and I'm like, please - in my bathroom with a good pair of cutting shears from Sally's!! I know it's super scary when you're used to having long hair. But then again, it our hair grew well and was healthy relaxed - it will only grow faster and be super healthy natural!! I know mine does. It really grows fast natural!! Also, Ms. Kenesha - your short natural is breathtaking!! It looks beautiful in your Avatar!! It looks like that beautiful star last night on American Idol - Letoya London!! Gorgeous!

Thanks CocoaCure for the compliment.
smile.gif

Lillian I'm glad that you know realize that any hairtype can go natural becasuse Hey that's what we all started out as at first, and "God Don't Make No Junk!"
laugh.gif

Congratulations and good for you
up.gif
! I know exactly what you mean. I hate having thick roots and thin ends. I have been thinking about myself with shorter hair lately...
scratchchin.gif
I just did a dusting/trim and I am happier with the results.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back