I CUT MY HAIR!!! Snip Snip back to APL!

SimpleKomplexity

thelast250.jpg

Blowdried with the white tishirt test it looked like my hair was uneven and a few dead/thin ends at the end. UGH Heat damage

thelast257.jpg

Flatironed: I didn't want to cut it though because I was close to BSL

thelast252.jpg

This is the BEFORE pic before i get the trim

thelast255.jpg

THIS IS AFTER the trim and my official progress pic for March 2010

But then....LHCF made me start thinking that maybe my split ends would travel up...and all my progress would be gone. SOOO over spring break I was feeling bored so I walked into the Walmart salon. I saw a lady deep conditioning another lady's hair and really taking her time...so I asked her would she trim my ends. She told me sure, but I would have to wait 30 minutes. So I walked around Walmart...and bought Sulfate free Keracare ($50 worth YIKES). When I came back first she took my hair out of my usual bun that I never comb. lol It was tangled as heck as usual because of my ends *sigh*. (Hence why I never comb it.)

She was like...wow your hair is really healthy and a nice length. I can tell you take good care of it? Then she asked if I used Keracare exclusively and I told her yeah blah blah. She told me it was good in my hair. Then she combed my hair out gently and showed me how much needed to be cut. It was about 1-2 inches. She said she would tell I would need a relaxer in about 1 month ( I was like 3 weeks post at the time). So she told me I could wait to get my ends trimmed til I got a relaxer because my hair didn't look that bad. It was just uneven and a few heat damaged areas.

I told her whatever just cut it off...I'll worry about the rest later. Sooo SNIP SNIP SNIP. Since my hair was healthy to her she only charged me $8 but it was supposed to be $15. And that was all she wrote

Last edited:
dang that's more than 2 inches.....that's like 3 inches!! JESUS! I do have shrinkage though. I didn't satin wrap it...I just did a roller wrap *sigh*

I learned my lesson though! No more flat ironing. I will have to learn to wrap better, pin curl, and roll my hair at night.

Regimen:
Wash every 3 days with keracare Hydrating Poo
DC with Keracare Humecto/ ORS Hair Mayo
Paul Mitchell the Conditioner Leave in
Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum

Roller Wrap with a little Keracare Foam Leave in with Water
Moisturize and seal with Keracare Sulfate Free Cream headress and Keracare Essential Oils

I'll occasionally use Porosity Control to make my hair more manageable! I think I'm going to start back with hair vitamins also!

Last edited:
Back