I Cut All My Hair And Got A Relaxer

Congratulations! It looks great on you! Keeping it short is a great way to KISS. You should DC but it’s not as detrimental if you don’t. Lol. It can be a lot of work though if you’re going to rock it curled. But if you’re doing finger/body/crunch waves, it should be pretty simple. Also, maybe you can find some styling videos on YT that may help.

Short relaxed hair, like 1-3 inches, was my signature style for over 15 years. I never bonelaxed though. I always kept a lot of texture in it so all that I had to do was wash it in the shower, drench it with condish, scrunch to make curls, finish my shower and go on with my day. Much simpler than any of my natural WNGs. Every now and then I’d rock it in a curled style with a curling iron for a few weeks. It was so versatile! I hope you’re able to find a style that works for you too. Have fun! :)

After years of being natural the texture changed so I think I am going to keep it cut short with the relaxer. If my texture hadn’t changed I would have stayed natural but I guess that comes with age.
If you don't mind in what ways did your texture change? Just curious because I have known people whose hair texture become more tightly curled with age and some more loosely.

Back