I created an album on picturetrail.com

Thanks for the compliments. My hair is currently waist length. It is starting to touch my tailbone.

Jrw, I am sooo envious! You are where I'm trying to get to. Currently I'm a couple of inches from covering my horizontal bra strap. I can not wait to see your updated pictures. I know your hair is simply beautiful. Do you find it diffult to manage the longer it gets? (like washing, trying to keep it from tangling, styling, etc...just curious).

Hey I remember you. I think it was either Yahoo Black Hair Super Growout or Black Hair Care Forum. Cant remember

But Welcome good to *see* you over here and that you are still visiting hair boards

Please share your hair care routine with us
Valleygirl

JRW your hair is really nice. How long did it take you to achieve that length and what is your routine?

Peachtree,
I don't think it has been too difficult caring for my hair as it has gotten longer. I do more deep conditions than I used to. When wet, it can get tangled a little more than it used to. I have never been into styling my hair. I am happy with ponytails, braids and buns.

My routine

I guess I started growing my hair a couple of years ago. It was mid back when dry and waist length when wet. I have changed my routine dozens of times but this is my current routine that I am happiest with:

1. Wash hair every other day or so. Some of those washes include condition only washes. It depends on the mood I'm in.

2. Deep condition at least once a week. For me this means, washing hair with shampoo and leaving conditioner in it overnight and washing out in the morning.

3. About once a month or less often I use a protein conditioner. I love Aubrey Organics GPB. Last night I tried Aphogee and loved it.

4. After washing it I use a leave-in and oil. I love coconut oil but am currently using Hot Six Oil and Africa's Best. For leave-ins I use Sebastian Titanium Protector or Clariol 5x or Herbal Essenses.

5. I relax my hair twice a year with Beautiful Beginnings No-Lye Relaxer. My mother puts that on my hair.

As far as shampoos I use just about any and all shampoos and conditioners. I love Aubrey Organics although I haven't bought any in a couple of months. I also like Tresemme, Aussie and Pantene. When Pharmor went out of business I bought a few different brands that I liked but probably won't buy them for a while because they are normally two expensive.

Sorry for being so long-winded. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

You grow girl /images/graemlins/wink.gif. How much longer are you going to let it grow?Lovely just lovely /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Current hair length mid-back. Happy hair Growing1 /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Congratulations on your hair growth. That is some serious amount of hair you have there.

I can't wait to see your updated pictures. Keep up the good work. It's evident that it pays off.

Wow!!! your hair is long and thick, my ultimate goal is where you are about now. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspirational pic. BTW do you take any vitamins and how often do you cut or trimm your hair?
I hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and no I don't mind the questions. I don't take vitamins. I would like to and eventually I will but I have never taken vitamins. I don't trim my hair.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BTW, are you Jade (with the waist length hair) from the old board?

[/ QUOTE ]

No (answering for JRW) this is not Jade....she (Jade) had natural type 2ish hair with a slight wave and has been MIA for a few months now.

I wish she would bring her butt back here....

I think Jade actually grew her hair to the back of her knees if I am not mistaken and last we heard she was going to cut it back to butt length.

Oh, ok.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I think Jade actually grew her hair to the back of her knees if I am not mistaken and last we heard she was going to cut it back to butt length.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the back of her knees!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. How in the world does she wash her hair?

Back