I Colored My Hair

chocolate01

I have not started a thread in a while but I decided to because I got my hair hi-lited. For starters I have been natural for 2 years and this is the first color I have ever, as a natural or relaxed, put in my hair. I got it done last month. I am a little disappointed because I wish you could see more of the color. So far I have not had any issues with dryness or damage but i'll be keeping on top of it especially with the cold NY winter coming up. I wanted to share some pics because there have been a few threads regarding naturals and hair color. I updated my fotki with some pics, no pw is required.

Wow your hair is very pretty, looove the highlights! What colour did you use and what's been your maintenance since then?

I can clearly see the highlights!!! I am loving them!
Quick question: how do you wear your hair most often? Also in the pic that you said showed off your highlights best, did you get blow dry and flat iron or blow dry and press? (whatever you did, it sure was blinging!!)

One more thing, what's your natural regimen and did you find it very hard to transition?

I know it's a lot of questions, but you can pm me if you want, but I absolutely :love: your hair!!!

Your high lights are pretty,thanks for posting ,I'm having mine done on 29, Sept. Tanks for taking some of the mystery out of being a natural with high lites. I have 't colored sine 2005.

I can clearly see the highlights!!! I am loving them!
Quick question: how do you wear your hair most often? Also in the pic that you said showed off your highlights best, did you get blow dry and flat iron or blow dry and press? (whatever you did, it sure was blinging!!)

One more thing, what's your natural regimen and did you find it very hard to transition?

I know it's a lot of questions, but you can pm me if you want, but I absolutely :love: your hair!!!

Lately I have been wearing my hair in a bun or twists to try to avoid heat as much as possible. Before I wore my hair flat-ironed most of the time. The flat iron pics in the album were a result of blowdry and then flat iron. I hairdresser that colored my hair also flat-ironed it for me, iI can't remember what he actually put on my hair but he used a CHI to flat iron.

Ok I just typed a response to everyone in this thread that asked my a question and it disappeared :wallbash: I'll be back to re-type my response.

Last edited:
I just have to say that your hair has grown so nicely. It looks very pretty. I think the highlights are good the way they are. I can definitely see them.

Your hair is beautiful and the highlights are pretty:yep:. I understand you wanting them to "pop" more but in the long-run I think you will be glad they didn't come out so strong. They really seem to show up on your straightened hair though. I had no idea your hair was so long, I am very inspired.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

As for the question regarding my regimen. I realy don't think I have one. If my hair is in twists I was every other week using Redkin Color Extend shampoo and conditioner, use Paul MItchell The Conditioner as a leave in, some curl activator gel to twist and that is it. When I wear my hair in a bun I condition wash everyday using Pantene Hydrating Curls, same leave in and put it up in a bun. When I wear my hair straight the only thing I do different is add Redkin heat glide and then blowdry followed by my maxiglide.

I loved transitioning, it wasn't too bad I was very patient which helped a lot. My favorite styles were flexi rod sets and twist outs.

Last edited:
Back