I Colored My Hair!

It looks good TSU!! :up: I have an appt on Sept 6 to get my hair colored but I'm nervous. I've never had my hair dyed before. Did you find that it was harder to get the color to take than on your relaxed hair? I know some people's hair is just dark and hard to lift whether relaxed or natural.

I think it was *almost* about the same, IMO. I know that in the directions, it states to leave the dye in for a longer period on natural hair than relaxed, though. Relaxed hair seems to be more porous in that it can take color well, but with natural hair, it may take a bit more time; therefore, having to leave it in longer.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

I got that scarf (headband) from Burlington Coat Factory for about $3.99. They have some really cute scarves/headbands there for low prices.

I always love to see when people color their hair b/c I'm too chicken to do it so I live vicariously through ya'll. This color is absolutely BANGIN on you!! Plus your hair is looking very moist and healthy.

Yay!! Great job!!!

I think it was *almost* about the same, IMO. I know that in the directions, it states to leave the dye in for a longer period on natural hair than relaxed, though. Relaxed hair seems to be more porous in that it can take color well, but with natural hair, it may take a bit more time; therefore, having to leave it in longer.

Oh okay... Thanks :)

The color is subtle but it still came out in the pics...pretty. I LOVE your curls. If my natural hair looked like yours, I do not think I would have relaxed.

Back