I challenge you....

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

especially the transitioners/natural ladies but not excluding relaxed ladies to do this-listen to what happened. Last night I washed my hair,just typically wash method,with "poo" and a deep conditioning and hot oil
smile.gif
treatment. I didn't know what to do with my hair,but decided to rollerset it (medium to jumbo rollers),with just a moisturizer and leave in conditioner ( I used CD Mimosa hair honey for my new growth and 911 leave in creme conditioner) I rollerset it(I'm not a pro,but I can do a lil something) and sat under the dryer-no setting lotion. I did not stay under the dryer long and when I took out the rollers
shocked.gif
!!!!I could not believe it! My hair curled just like it would if I used setting lotion!! And check this out...my new growth STRAIGHTENED!!! This means I don't have to press my hair or flat iron (could,but trying to stay away from direct heat) to straighten my hair!! It is soft,bouncy,and not to mention straight at the roots! How many want to embark on this wonderful experience with me?

man i wish i could but im bald as of now (2 in of hair)...remind me next year lol. Congrats on your discovery!!!!!!!!

Wow, I'm going to have to give that a try on special occassion. I'm presently on an airdrying routine.

Thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

I would but I just don't have the energy to sit under the dryer! What size rollers do you use? I just have no clue how to rollerset.

I use the jumbo or medium sized magnetic rollers. You don't sit under the dryer more than 45 minutes because you don't use setting lotion. I wish I had a camera,maybe that would be total motivation.

Bulblnbrnsuga
I would have done the challenge but I just put some braids in yesterday. I want to try it when I take my braids out.

I totally agree
cool.gif

When I used to roller set (with heat) all I'd use was my leave in, Hot 6 oil, jumbo magnetics & my hooded dryer.... 6 mths of new growth would straighten out like a fresh relaxer after 1.5 hrs
smile.gif
... no setting lotion needed
nono.gif

I've been playing around with air drying my roller sets cuz I'm staying away from heat for as long as possible. My new growth still straightens out nicely, but goodness, it takes much, much longer to dry (all day then I still have to sleep in the huge rollers
mad.gif
laugh.gif
).

I've also airdried spiral sets (on flexi rods) with sorta straight new growth. I'm still working on perfecting the "straightness".

Alright, I should end this... I'm awfully long winded tonight
whyme.gif
laugh.gif
!

Thanks for sharing. I don't care much for setting lotion either (makes my hair crunchy and brittle). Biolage Leave In is an excellent substitute. My hair comes out soft with a nice sheen.
Rose.gif

Wow, I have tried the challenge before, but I don't see how you get the hair tight enough on the rollers to make it set straight.

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
Wow, I have tried the challenge before, but I don't see how you get the hair tight enough on the rollers to make it set straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chimma,when I rollerset my hair,it is not tight at all. I can never get them to stay put like the beauticians. What you may want to try is using the clips to hold the roller in place as well as the plastic clasp that comes with some magnetic rollers.

I'll probably try this sometime soon and report back on my results, but I'll have to force myself to be patient and sit under that scorching heat! Oh, and was your hair poofy or was it pretty straight? I really wish you had a camera too, I'd love to see how it turned out.

Hey! thanks! for the challenge and sharing your good news when I get some new growth (fresh perm) I'm going to be following your lead. We are in this together!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Super_Hero_Girl said:
I'll probably try this sometime soon and report back on my results, but I'll have to force myself to be patient and sit under that scorching heat! Oh, and was your hair poofy or was it pretty straight? I really wish you had a camera too, I'd love to see how it turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair was STRAIGHT,but full of body,no poof. You won't have to sit under the dryer longer than 45 minutes since you are not using setting lotion. I am positive that you will love the results. I don't plan on taking anymore pics of my hair until I have certain techniques down packed. My next update might not be until February.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
prettyblac said:
Hey! thanks! for the challenge and sharing your good news when I get some new growth (fresh perm) I'm going to be following your lead. We are in this together!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
clap.gif

I followed the same technique as described before on Saturday. The results were the same;however, my new growth is not as straight as the permed ends (understandable),but it is very manageable. I recently purchased the infamous LUST this weekend and will give it a try when I rollerset my hair again-with no setting lotion or mouuse.

WHere did u find lust in memephis?????
Have u seen Surge anywhere? I have been almost everywhere looking for that stuff

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
WHere did u find lust in memephis?????
Have u seen Surge anywhere? I have been almost everywhere looking for that stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it in Sally's. The jar was about 7 or 8.00
shocked.gif
,so I just settled for a trial packet for 1.99,just in case I don't like it. If you still have problems locating it,don't worry. Next week when we kick it at Bahama Breeze,I'll give you a packet.
smile.gif

Yes, you've convinced me too Bublnbrnsugar! I can do this even though I started the NO HEAT CHALLENGE because it's not direct heat! It's from the bonnet dryer - not like a curling iron or flat iron or blow dryer! So I'll definitely try it! I haven't roller set in soooooooooo long! I'm going to have to perfect my technique and roll it tight enough to straight any newgrowth and also buy some new jumbo size rollers and the clips that hold them in place good! 45 minutes under the dryer huh???? For all that bouncin and behavin hair???? Sounds good!

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
man i wish i could but im bald as of now (2 in of hair)...remind me next year lol. Congrats on your discovery!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Back