I can't take it anymore!!!

BlkOnyx488

this is a tragic vent post.
I use to wear braids and wigs all the time. I could wear the same braids for months at time just redoing the fuzzy parts as needed.

Well since I decided to go natural, I also decided to learn to live with my real hair out, so for 2 years I haven't had any braids or wigs.

When I did my last flat iron photo update, I decided I wanted to protect my ends to retain length to try to get to APL in 6 months.
So I put my braids in my hair last week.

But now I can't stand them!!!!!!

What happen to me?????? I was fake hair queen!!!:lachen::lachen:
So this is my Tragedy. I have become, One THOSE people
You know the ones who say, OOOHHHH I can't stand blank in my hair all day!!!

I use to feel sorry for them, now it seems I am one of them

Oh I could just cry:grin::rolleyes:

Ok I am done I have to go take these freakin' braids out

I hope to get to that level soon..I have been natural 2 yrs and I have yet to really wear my hair out of wigs for more than 2 days..

I know how you feel and I understand completely. I guess it is just one of the many wonderful phases of getting to our main goal of long, healthy natural hair.

I have been on a hiatus from using any extension hair and wigs myself. The other day I thought about putting in twist to rock the style I have in my avi for the winter season and my brain was going are you crazy?!?! Just keep doing what you are doing. It is working, it ain't broke why try to fix it? Just chill mommie and deal with the real thing for a while longer....I know I need a mental health check up.:spinning:

I understand completely. I am wondering if I will think the same thing about my 3/4 wig.....have not had that conversation with myself yet! Yeah I know...I need help.:lachen:

See that's where I messed up, I didn't have the conversation with myself, if I did, I might have told myself not to do this :lachen:

I know how you feel and I understand completely. I guess it is just one of the many wonderful phases of getting to our main goal of long, healthy natural hair.

I have been on a hiatus from using any extension hair and wigs myself. The other day I thought about putting in twist to rock the style I have in my avi for the winter season and my brain was going are you crazy?!?! Just keep doing what you are doing. It is working, it ain't broke why try to fix it? Just chill mommie and deal with the real thing for a while longer....I know I need a mental health check up.:spinning:

I understand completely. I am wondering if I will think the same thing about my 3/4 wig.....have not had that conversation with myself yet! Yeah I know...I need help.:lachen:

I used to be the hide my hair queen too. I put braids in over the summer and barely lasted a full 6 weeks. It was itchy (eventhough it was human hair), hard, heavy, and just bothersome. I couldn't wait to feel my own hair. I missed my natural curls and the softness of my hair. I never thought I'd be a convert like this, but I'm so happy I am. HHG.:wavey:

I understand just how you feel, except I never could wear braids for a long time. The one time I got braids professionally put in I managed to make it a week and a half before I got them taken out. And I only lasted that long b/c I was scheduled to take some pictures and was holding out.

It's like my scalp needs to be free at all times.

OP, you traitor!

:giggle:
No no not a traitor, just umm umm I had a pause in good judgement, yeah that's it, I am a Pauser, not a traitor:grin:

I used to be the hide my hair queen too. I put braids in over the summer and barely lasted a full 6 weeks. It was itchy (eventhough it was human hair), hard, heavy, and just bothersome. I couldn't wait to feel my own hair. I missed my natural curls and the softness of my hair. I never thought I'd be a convert like this, but I'm so happy I am. HHG.:wavey:
I missed my fro. I didn't like the way the top of my head was flat LOL

I want to be able to wear my hair and be comfortable..your already there..I spend so much on wigs its not good..
It took me months to be comfortable enough to wear my fro in public in the beginning.

I feel you on this one. In the past I have worn braids for 2 - 3 months before and was cool. Now I can't even get past three weeks without taking them down. My SO told me after last time (which was a month ago) that I was no longer allowed to waste my money on something I won't keep more than 2 or 3 weeks (and spent $180 on) and to just rock my natural hair.

If I had paid for them I definately would have tried to keep them in longer.
Fortunately, they didn't cost me a dime. The hair I used was an upopen pack I had from two years ago. It took me longer to take them out, than it did to put them in, but thank GOD I am FREEEEEEEEE:yep::spinning::drunk::grin:

I feel you on this one. In the past I have worn braids for 2 - 3 months before and was cool. Now I can't even get past three weeks without taking them down. My SO told me after last time (which was a month ago) that I was no longer allowed to waste my money on something I won't keep more than 2 or 3 weeks (and spent $180 on) and to just rock my natural hair.

I like to think of it as " I love my hair sooooo much I can't bear to not see it."

It's kinda the way I feel when I have to put my dog in his crate...even though I know it's good for him. :look:

Back