I cant take it anymore with my underprocessed relaxer. HELP!!

Jadore_tay

I am facing a major break down with my hair. I relaxed 2 weeks ago using mizani no-lye I was 11 weeks post at the time with 2 1/2 inches new growth so my mom put the relaxer in and we did everything right but the relaxer left me severely UNDER PROCESSED. I mean I am having a problem washing my hair because it is such a hassle to detangle and it is taking a long time to dry when I do roller sets. I can not take it any more. There is knots and tangles when ever I finger comb. I attempted to do a braidout after I washed and it was horrible! :nono:. I am noticing some breakage when I try to detangle but I did a treatment with emgerencee and it stopped. I am scared my hair is going to break off.:sad: Any ideas?

How long should I wait to do a corrective relaxer?

Should I change relaxers?

TIA

the same thing happend to me i stretched for 5months and when i relaxed my hair was a hot mess, i did a corrective relaxer a month and half later and guess what underprocessed again!! my hair is not cute at the moment im trying my best to wait untill the end of april before i relax again. bumping for more replies...

Maybe you can switch brands. Perhaps your hair has developed a resistance to the relaxer you formerly used.

the same thing happend to me i stretched for 5months and when i relaxed my hair was a hot mess, i did a corrective relaxer a month and half later and guess what underprocessed again!! my hair is not cute at the moment im trying my best to wait untill the end of april before i relax again. bumping for more replies...

Omg.. that's what happened 2 me...I am not relaxing until August... But this breakage is killing me....

You used no-lye? I thought you could only do correctives with lye? Maybe not. I'm sorry I can't offer advice on what you should do but I just don't want you to experience a setback if that is true!

My hair: 4a/4b or something. Relaxed. fine strands. little to medium density.

I relaxed at a salon august 2008 . very close to bone-straight.

december (4 months post) I relax at home = underprocessed.
I am now a few days short of 3 months post and I can feel waves and curls.

I had breakage galore (like another member said while referring to the Busta Rhymes song 'rhymes galore') this month.

solutions:
- bought a half wig and a phony pony (I have 'hand in hair' syndrome)=less manipulation.
- co-washed more often (let the conditioner sit on my hair a bit longer)= hair like butter
- use the comb less= less chance of breakage
- do the baggy method on the whole head during the night ( once a week)= hair nice and moist
- I'll do more protein treatments ( mayonnaise+oils)= for strength and to take care of the line of demarcation.

I'm trying to hold on until at least the end of april. So far so good.

HTH

My hair: 4a/4b or something. Relaxed. fine strands. little to medium density.

I relaxed at a salon august 2008 . very close to bone-straight.

december (4 months post) I relax at home = underprocessed.
I am now a few days short of 3 months post and I can feel waves and curls.

I had breakage galore (like another member said while referring to the Busta Rhymes song 'rhymes galore') this month.

solutions:
- bought a half wig and a phony pony (I have 'hand in hair' syndrome)=less manipulation.
- co-washed more often (let the conditioner sit on my hair a bit longer)= hair like butter
- use the comb less= less chance of breakage
- do the baggy method on the whole head during the night ( once a week)= hair nice and moist
- I'll do more protein treatments ( mayonnaise+oils)= for strength and to take care of the line of demarcation.

I'm trying to hold on until at least the end of april. So far so good.

HTH

Thank you for the input.

No prob.

I forgot to add that I fingercomb or comb slowly in the shower . I see less breakage than my normal amount of shedding when I do this.

You used no-lye? I thought you could only do correctives with lye? Maybe not. I'm sorry I can't offer advice on what you should do but I just don't want you to experience a setback if that is true!

That's what I thought. I had to stop using no-lye because my hair was a wreck with no-lye perms, breakage like crazy. I wasn't into haircare at the time but I remember hearing that once no-lye is underprocessed, you permanently have those curls, waves, kinks until you cut them off or use lye. I liked the Optimum in the brown container. Before that I used Motions.

No prob.

I forgot to add that I fingercomb or comb slowly in the shower . I see less breakage than my normal amount of shedding when I do this.

I am doing these exact things but it doesnt seem to help much
That's what I thought. I had to stop using no-lye because my hair was a wreck with no-lye perms, breakage like crazy. I wasn't into haircare at the time but I remember hearing that once no-lye is underprocessed, you permanently have those curls, waves, kinks until you cut them off or use lye. I liked the Optimum in the brown container. Before that I used Motions.

I never experience breakage with no lye relaxers if handled properly. My hair gets bone straight if I want it too or 85% straight with no lye.

Awww Tay Tay,my fellow brooklynite...I'm sorry this has happened to you...I use Mizani as well...I have a few quick questions: Did you have a lot of oil on your ng? How long are you leaving your relaxer in? What are you using immediately following your relaxer?

Awww Tay Tay,my fellow brooklynite...I'm sorry this has happened to you...I use Mizani as well...I have a few quick questions: Did you have a lot of oil on your ng? How long are you leaving your relaxer in? What are you using immediately following your relaxer?
yes my fellow brooklynite lol this is causing so much problems.
Ok I clarified my hair 4 days before I washed it and did a protrien treatment followed by a dc. I did not have alot of oil on my new growth at all. I left the relaxer on for 15 minutes.

Back