I can't keep a hairstyle past 3 weeks!

BeeMine14

Hello ladies,

I'm not really ranting or seeking help lol I'm just sharing this weirdness. But I've noticed that I do not keep hairstyles past 3 weeks And I'm on to something new. I'm currently transitioning back to natural from being texturizing and I'm almost 7 months post texturizer. I usually have my hair in weaves. And I know I waste so much money on styles it's ridiculous. With the fall semester starting I really want braids for 8 weeks but I am scared I'm going to take them down early. I'm crazy I know lol.

I'm guilty of this but once I spend cash to have a style done, I'm keeping it. I kept in a cornrow/twist/silky dread style for about 4 weeks which shocked DH. I've also kept kinky twists and Senegalese twist in for 7 - 8 weeks. Those styles were $125 - $200 each.

I've noticed that the White women at work get a hair cut and keep the same style for months and get it cut the same way over and over again. I started paying attention to them a bit more and realized they've all had the same hairstyles for YEARS! They may color but more often than not they just keep the same hairstyle.

At one point during my transition to natural I had a different hairstyle at least every week (sometimes a few times per week) even if it's just a twist out, bun, wash & go or different wigs.

A former colleague attended a planning meeting shortly after he was hired and said "Your hair looks great today, it looked great yesterday and it will look great tomorrow." I had worn at least 2 different wigs that week, swapping a color 2 out for a 1b/30 wig and then back to the number 2. His comment was not relevant to anything we were discussing but he felt the need to make my hair a point of conversation.

These days, I am in a twist out, wash & go or bun although I do plan to put in Havana twists soon.

I'm guilty of this but once I spend cash to have a style done, I'm keeping it. I kept in a cornrow/twist/silky dread style for about 4 weeks which shocked DH. I've also kept kinky twists and Senegalese twist in for 7 - 8 weeks. Those styles were $125 - $200 each.

I've noticed that the White women at work get a hair cut and keep the same style for months and get it cut the same way over and over again. I started paying attention to them a bit more and realized they've all had the same hairstyles for YEARS! They may color but more often than not they just keep the same hairstyle.

At one point during my transition to natural I had a different hairstyle at least every week (sometimes a few times per week) even if it's just a twist out, bun, wash & go or different wigs.

A former colleague attended a planning meeting shortly after he was hired and said "Your hair looks great today, it looked great yesterday and it will look great tomorrow." I had worn at least 2 different wigs that week, swapping a color 2 out for a 1b/30 wig and then back to the number 2. His comment was not relevant to anything we were discussing but he felt the need to make my hair a point of conversation.

These days, I am in a twist out, wash & go or bun although I do plan to put in Havana twists soon.

And I kind of feel weird when white people notice that I change my hair a lot.

I once paid $250 for braids and took them down on day 6. **shrug** I like to wash my hair when I want to, which is at least 2x a week. I learned a very expensive lesson that I already knew - braids ain't for me.

Back