I can't get my own twists or cornrows right

lalabanks

Yesterday I wanted to try something different. I thought I could cornrow my hair while it was a little wet since I had just washed it, and let it dry. Then the next morning, do a braid out. Well it took me like an hour just to do one part down the middle for a cornrow braid to start. Well after I got the part I tried to braid and it looked a hot mess. So I thought, maybe i'll do twists since its easier..Well I started okay with the first one, so I thought maybe I have potential. Well, then cam time to part my hair for the second twist, so there was another half hour and then I tried to twist again, well that didn't turn out to great...after about 2 hours or so of fooling with my hair, I gave up and put it in a pony tail ...I would do a bun, but my hair is not that long yet. I just wanted to try something different that washing it and putting it in a pony tail or one of the clips.

I commend any and all who can do their own braids and twists cause I just couldn't stick with it. My arms got tired as well.

Are there any secrets to the trade, besides getting someone else to do it for you ??

Practice makes perfect. So don't give up so easily. Try using long duck bill clips to hold your parts in place. You might also want to try to braid at an angle instead of a straight back corn row. Are you using any products while braiding? It's easier to start off with a little gel or grease to smooth your hair. If at first you don't succeed...

littleaudie said:
Practice makes perfect. So don't give up so easily. Try using long duck bill clips to hold your parts in place. You might also want to try to braid at an angle instead of a straight back corn row. Are you using any products while braiding? It's easier to start off with a little gel or grease to smooth your hair. If at first you don't succeed...

You're right...i need to keep trying...but after 2 hours...I guess I gave it up. I had put carrot creme on my hair, but that's about it. I'll try it at an angle as well..maybe tomorrow morning i'll give it a go.

If you can't master the flats twists or braids you can try the singles. Meaning, just do singles instead of braiding straight back.

Back