I can't do any longer

elaine

I can\'t do any longer

This begins week 12 post relaxer and I can't take it anymore. My new growth is so thick, that I can't see my scalp. My beautician can't get me in until Thursday at Noon. She is even allowing me to write a post dated check to cover my relaxer until Monday. I have castor oiled, coconut oiled, flat ironed all that I can and my hair looks a HOT ONE! I have an interview for a job on Tuesday and I think they will turn me down just for my new growth
laugh.gif
Any suggestions?

Re: I can\'t do any longer

lol..a post dated check....i know u wanna relaxer girl...well i think if u have done every thing u can, and it is still hard to manage, than go for it...u waited 12 weeks, and u dont want any unnessary breakedge.....

[ QUOTE ]
elaine said:
This begins week 12 post relaxer and I can't take it anymore. My new growth is so thick, that I can't see my scalp. My beautician can't get me in until Thursday at Noon. She is even allowing me to write a post dated check to cover my relaxer until Monday. I have castor oiled, coconut oiled, flat ironed all that I can and my hair looks a HOT ONE! I have an interview for a job on Tuesday and I think they will turn me down just for my new growth
laugh.gif
Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you lightly press the new growth so your hair will look okay for the interview or can you slap on some grease and water and get your hair into a nice and neat ponytail with a bun for the interview?

I get a relaxer every twelve weeks, so I'm feeling you Elaine. On the 12th week, I give myself a protein treatment with Motions Silk Protein Conditioner and rollerset my hair with pink rollers (instead of the gray and purple ones, to stretch out the new growth). I sit under the dryer for an hour and a half to two hours. My stylist is always impressed about how good my hair looks even after three months post-relaxer.

I hope everything works out well for you @ the interview.

Girl, I am really feeling you. I'm a 4a/b, and I've been trying to do the strech the time between relaxer thing, and it's just not working. Plus it seems that once I get past that 8 or 9 week mark, the shedding is way more than I'm comfortable with. Before my previous relaxer I went 11 weeks, and the shedding was too much - not to mention my new growth was a jungle. I'm at week 10 today and I am doing the deed because it's too much again. I am creeping closer and closer back to the 8 to 9 week mark...

Girl, I'd better not put water AND grease in my hair. I would have to get some DEP (gel from the 70's to use in afros) and pick my hair out
laugh.gif
I was going to was my hair one more time and put so much olive oil and WGO that it would have to be more manageable. I don't even know how much new growth is down there because I can't even see my scalp. And like someone else on this board, I am a member of the big head club so there has to be a lot.
grin.gif

I used to wet wrap and then flat iron for a temporary fix. And then wear it up.

I just hit 12 weeks post relaxer today too and will probably go until 14 weeks.

The only thing that would work for me is a visit to a Dominican salon where they would blow out my roots.

Good luck on your interview though!

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back