I Can See Through My Ends/Turning Point

nique3

First of all I just want to say I am new here. I have been lurking for awhile, and finally decided to join!!! Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful advice, and I love seeing your beautiful hair.

My issue is that I have been natural for a year and two months, and all I have worn is sew-ins, kinky twist (once doing summer), and puffs. Well, the puff has finally caught up with me and my edges aren't looking as full as they used to. Actually it's just the bangs (my edges are fine so they look thin compared to the rest of my hair). I can actually see through my bangs and I don't know what to do. Should I cut them or should I just keep letting them grow out? Also, I have been doing twist outs however, now that my hair is approaching APL I was wondering will wearing twist outs cause damage to my ends? I have no clue what styles to wear that will be benefical to my ends and my edges....someone please help!!!! Thanks in advance for your advice.

Protective styles like twists, braids, or buns, are the most beneficial to hair ends.
For the thin edges, I suggest growing them out while massaging them with castor oil every other day. That may help. Your edges may be thin from the tension of being pulled back when you were doing your puffs. Not putting tension on them should help them grow back full and strong.
Some have success wearing twist outs, I guess it depends on whether your hair rubs against your clothing and how well you keep your ends moisturized.
Brwnskinbeauty pretty much only does twist outs and her hair has been growing beautifully with no problems to her ends.
Here is her fotki:

http://public.fotki.com/lifesacatwalk/

She is one of my inspirations!

Back