I Can Finally Exhale...I Finished My Curly Twists ((PICS))

foxxymami

I Can Finally Exhale...I Finished My Curly Kinky Twists ((PICS))

After I posted last week about not feeling like doing these, I've FINALLY gotten them in :drunk: whew!!! I did the top and my mom did the bottom half. I'm going to try and keep them as neat and clean as possible so that I can wear them for about 6-8 weeks :look:.

I've been wearing my hair in a wash and go for the past three months, so I decided to give myself a "hair break" for a few weeks. Here is a back shot below. There are more in my Fotki album: http://public.fotki.com/foxxymami/

sample-vi.jpg

Last edited:
After I posted last week about not feeling like doing these, I've FINALLY gotten them in :drunk: whew!!! I did the top and my mom did the bottom half. I'm going to try and keep them as neat and clean as possible so that I can wear them for about 6-8 weeks :look:.

I've been wearing my hair in a wash and go for the past three months, so I decided to give myself a "hair break" for a few weeks. Here is a back shot below. There are more in my Fotki album: http://public.fotki.com/foxxymami

noname-vi.jpg

Fox you did a great job! I had that exact hair when I tried my kinkies and they looked a mess...How did you secure the base of the twists? Did you braid a little bit and twist the rest?

Fox you did a great job! I had that exact hair when I tried my kinkies and they looked a mess...How did you secure the base of the twists? Did you braid a little bit and twist the rest?

Thanks, girl!
Yeah, I braided the base and the braided the ends too just in case. I don't need these babies slipping off anywhere :yep:

Thanks :drunk:. I didn't curl the top. I think I will wear it like this for this week then take out the bun and curl the top on the weekend :grin:

They look great. :grin: I really need to learn how to do these. You are saving so much money and handling your hair with care unlike some braiders.

I noticed that you used ORS Loc & Twist Gel to do your twists...did it help keep your stray hairs in place?

I was 'practicing' kinky twists over the weekend with Sareca's method, her alt. method, and I even tried braiding the twists at the start..no matter what I did...when I got to the point where MY Hair stopped, it would poke it....

did the twist gel help with that? or did you use it for something else...

I noticed that you used ORS Loc & Twist Gel to do your twists...did it help keep your stray hairs in place?

I was 'practicing' kinky twists over the weekend with Sareca's method, her alt. method, and I even tried braiding the twists at the start..no matter what I did...when I got to the point where MY Hair stopped, it would poke it....

did the twist gel help with that? or did you use it for something else...

Yes the twist gel helps a lot although I didn't have much problem with flyaways or hair poking out too much. Even when a bit of hair does poke out, I don't think it's very noticeable since kinky hair is so "textured".

I will say that when I did twists on my relaxed hair, the point where my hair stopped did stand out a little since my hair relaxed hair was much more straighter than the kinky hair.

Back