I burned my scalp

mswinni

with hot oil last night. :eek: Has anyone ever done this? What did you do? It feels ok today, but it still a little sore in the spot. I suppose to relax tomorrow, do you think it will be ok?

Please dont...

Have someone look at your scalp. If it is red, sore, tender, or if blisters have developed, you now have a severe burn. Putting a relaxer on top of that will burn the area more.

You need to give that area time to heal.

Are you putting ice on it? Aloe vera gel would be a good topical treatment to use too. Also emu oil if you have some.

Koffie said:
DO NOT RELAX UNTIL SATURDAY!!!!! Until then, leave your hair and scalp ALONE.

OMG. I don't self relax, I have an appointment for tomorrow. I guess I can try to call and reschedule.

Thanks!

pookeylou said:
Please dont...

Have someone look at your scalp. If it is red, sore, tender, or if blisters have developed, you now have a severe burn. Putting a relaxer on top of that will burn the area more.

You need to give that area time to heal.

Are you putting ice on it? Aloe vera gel would be a good topical treatment to use too. Also emu oil if you have some.

I don't think it's that bad. I looked at this morning and it looked normal. No bumps or redness or anything like that. I'll try the aloe vera gel.

mswinni said:
OMG. I don't self relax, I have an appointment for tomorrow. I guess I can try to call and reschedule.

Thanks!

Please do, and take heed to pookeyloo's advice too, make sure your scalp is ok.

Back