i broke down and got a relaxer

SweetCaramel1

hey ladies! i broke down and relaxed my hair! this was my first attempt at a stretch (6 months) and i couldn't go any longer. i was previously relaxing every 6-8 weeks. it has been an interesting experience. i can now tell you i have 4 different hair textures in my head. :lol: my new goal is to relax every 3 months. i will no longer focus on length. yes i want it but i wont obsess about it any longer. all things come in time. the last 3 pics are from my new relaxer. there's not alot of growth but enough. i'm just happy i can comb my hair again :lol: . thanks for your support along the way.

SweetCaramel1 said:
hey ladies! i broke down and relaxed my hair! this was my first attempt at a stretch (6 months) and i couldn't go any longer. i was previously relaxing every 6-8 weeks. it has been an interesting experience. i can now tell you i have 4 different hair textures in my head. :lol: my new goal is to relax every 3 months. i will no longer focus on length. yes i want it but i wont obsess about it any longer. all things come in time. the last 3 pics are from my new relaxer. there's not alot of growth but enough. i'm just happy i can comb my hair again :lol: . thanks for your support along the way.

Your hair look GORGEOUS! I wouldn't exactly call that 'breaking down.' Six months is a long time and a big accomplishments. Congratulations

MizaniMami said:
Your hair look GORGEOUS! I wouldn't exactly call that 'breaking down.' Six months is a long time and a big accomplishments. Congratulations

ahhh, thank you. i saw that because i'm goal oriented but i just couldn't take the itching anymore :)

Your hair is pretty. I especially like the 1st pic on the left...
:)

SweetCaramel1 said:

Beautiful hair :)

I broke down at 7 months last year. You have to do what best for your hair. I too remember feeling relief after I was able to comb through my hair :)

thanks so much ladies! i'm learning how to take care of my hair and it's very exciting. one day down and back to the buns :)

I didn't know you had been stretching that long! 6 months is def. an accomplishment going from relaxing every 6-8 weeks. Your hair looks really healthy, shiny and thick and as you mentioned, the length will come as long as it's healthy and it's really looking healthy! I am liking the highlights too:)

Congratulations to you....

Girl, your hair is beautiful!!!! Congratulations on stretching for such a long time!!!! I stretched to 20 weeks and couldn't take it anymore! :lol:

oooh your hair is so thick and pretty! i love it!! great progress and congrats on making it through a six month stretch!:D

SC,
Did you find that going from relaxing every 6-8 weeks to do this long of a stretch help to strengthen/thicken your hair a bit or was it always thick like that?

thanks so much ladies. you all are sooooo sweet :kiss:

hi faith. i used the "vitale" relaxer. i left it on 15 min but i think i should have left it on longer, most of my new growth got texturized instead of relaxed. i won't complain though, it's better than nothing :lol:

hi blackbarbie. my hair has alway been thick but never after a relaxer. stretching has definitely increased thickness and strength. i give it a :up:

Last edited:
Beautiful hair and great color! What kind/color of rinse did you use? How did you manage/wear your hair during your stretch? Thanks for the inspiration!;)

Lavendar said:
Beautiful hair and great color! What kind/color of rinse did you use? How did you manage/wear your hair during your stretch? Thanks for the inspiration!;)

thank you :) . i used artec coloring shampoo in "ginger root" it's darker than the highlights i got originally but it washes out.

beautiful hair!!!! :) love the color! I wish I could go 6 months. I bet your new growth was off the chain!!

Back