I bought the L'anza Protein Plus....

daviine

I bought the L\'anza Protein Plus....

but I don't know how exactly I should use it. I didn't buy anything else form the L'anza line so let me ask this.

Since it is a protein shampoo, shoudl I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner? I dunno. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

What do you guys do?

Re: I bought the L\'anza Protein Plus....

Your instincts are correct Daviine. Because it's a "protein" shampoo, I usually follow this with a moisturizing conditioner and sometimes even a moisturizing shampoo. Most often the conditioner tho. Otherwise I find it leaves my hair a little tangly. When that happens I either follow right up with a moisturizing conditioner. Then the next time I wash I choose a different shampoo (usally a clarifying one like Lanza Deep Cleansing) and once I do that I can usally go right back to the Lanza PP with the next wash.

I also don't use Lanza PP with protein conditioners because I find it to be a little too much protein in one sitting for my hair.

I think you'll like it tho.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Davinne,

Personally I've never had any problems with protein overkill with the lanza protein plus shampoo. I have to admit that the name alone does make you a bit weary of it but its fine.

I've used it for weeks straight and haven't had a problem and always follow with a moisturizing conditioner anyway which I do with any shampoo that I use, lanza or not.

Occasionally though I will use a different shampoo just to try something else thats a different formulation e.g. Cream of Nature or lanza's deep cleansing shampoo. But then I'll return to the protein plus with no problems.

All hair is different so you may want to give it a try and see how you like it. Let me know?

On the shampoo days that I use L'anza Protein Plus shampoo, I condition with Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner. Like BRH, I've never had a problem with protein overload even when using this product for several shampoos straight. Most of the time, I alternate between L'anza Protein Plus shampoo and Pantene Smooth & Sleek and Elucence shampoo and Elucence conditioner every other shampoo.

Back