I believe God has sent me my mate!

sithembile

I've been single since I got saved, and some you will know that I have been praying to God for a husband. Well, there's a guy from my church that I'd been friends with for a few months, and we just started talking more, and going to the movies. Anyway, yesterday, he told me that he liked me and had been praying about me, and he believes that I am the woman God has sent for him. I was so happy because I'd been praying concerning him and I've felt at peace in my heart, believing he could be the one.
I feel so blessed, but I need your prayers, this is a new relationship and we want it to work.
I'd also appreciate any advice from the engaged or married sisters!

Take it slow. why not list the goals u both have. Your spiritual goals and other goals. A lesson I learned, put God first and all other things will be successful. Matt.6:33. I've been married almost 5 yrs. We have our ups and downs, but with God's help, we're closer than ever. Hope I helped.

I just thought, take it real slow, no risky stuff, let time take it's course, because in a sense I have sorta been there, but Speedy Gonzalez took over. That rat is just that, a RAT! LOL

sithembile said:
I've been single since I got saved, and some you will know that I have been praying to God for a husband. Well, there's a guy from my church that I'd been friends with for a few months, and we just started talking more, and going to the movies. Anyway, yesterday, he told me that he liked me and had been praying about me, and he believes that I am the woman God has sent for him. I was so happy because I'd been praying concerning him and I've felt at peace in my heart, believing he could be the one.
I feel so blessed, but I need your prayers, this is a new relationship and we want it to work.
I'd also appreciate any advice from the engaged or married sisters!

Congratulations sis...I pray God has his way in the situation...that is wonderfull!! Just make sure you both keep your relationship centered around Christ and he will give you both the desires of your heart. He says "Seak ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and all these other things will be added unto you"!!

Good luck to you! I can only say, guard your heart and try to learn more about him. Keep praying that God's will is revealed in this relationship. :D

Thank you for your advice. I am continually seeking God about this to be sure that I am in His will. We are definitely taking things slow, we've set boundaried to minimise the chance of falling into sin. But please do pray for us!

sithembile said:
Thank you for your advice. I am continually seeking God about this to be sure that I am in His will. We are definitely taking things slow, we've set boundaried to minimise the chance of falling into sin. But please do pray for us!
I commend you for reaching out to others and sharing your heart but be careful everyone will not be happy for you especailly the devil since you are both saved and seeking to please God. Ask God for wisdom on what to ask help for etc. Somethings your ONLY talk to God about and let Him directly supply the needs. Take one day at a time pray after you both depart from each other and do fun things and spiriutal things together. :grin:

I am so happy for you sithe, keep us posted. I am sure God has a plan for you, and it will happen if you stay in his will like you have been doing. Good luck - it sounds like things are definitely on the right track :)

Back