I BC'd... What a difference a year makes!

SCarolinaGirl

This time last year I was on my way to BSL. I got pg, had my baby and experienced extreme postpartum shedding and breakage. I could not recover so today I decided to cut it all off! My last relaxer was in Oct.

Dec 09
Picture1.jpg

104_0288.jpg

Sept 10
105_0132.jpg

105_0140.jpg

Dec 10 - Newly natural :grin:
100_1967EDIT.jpg

100_1963.jpg

Your BC turned out nice!:yep: I remember dealing with post partem shedding. I went completely bald at my temples. Talk about boo hooing (I was already hormonal). My hair quickly grew back stronger and healthier, and so will yours.:yep:

BTW, Congratulations! Trey is adorable!!!

Well you seem to have a good head shape for a short bc. I would be up a creek if that happened to me. I can't relate to anything "partem" but I have had several friends go through the shedding. Their hair bounced back and looked great! Congrats on your new baby :)

Congrats and wow that postpartum shedding is crazy, I never thought it was that bad (well I wouldn't know) looking forward to you sharing your future natural journey w/ us

Sorry about the postpartum shedding and breakage but... congrats on your BC. I like it. We BC'd days apart (me on 12/12/10).

Thank god the toilet was clean :blush:

LOL @ the toilet! I didn't notice til you said something.

Congrats on your BC!!!!

I've been through the postpartum shedding twice now and it's awful. I lose my hairline everytime.

Back