I BADLY WANT A BLACK RINSE

Nanyanika

I really want to dye my hair jet black, are their any non damaging rinses i could use to achieve this.... thanks.

I know there are many ladies on here who know color Q&A far better than I do, but as far as I know, I don't think rinses are damaging at all. I have had the Jazzing black rinse, and my hair suffered no ill effects whatsoever. HTH until someone more color savvy weighs in /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hi den1,

Here is what they recommended at Sally Beauty Supply when I asked the same question. Clairol Beautiful Collection, Jet Black (B22D). It is a semi-permanent color that contains aloe vera, jojoba oil and vitamin E and contains no ammonia or peroxide. It also does not need heat to process. I haven't tried it yet though. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=320250&dept%5Fid=1430

The one I used to use it Ardell's Light & Brights but it does not come in a true black - Its more of an extremely dark blue. I used the Blue Raven for years and it toned down my reds and made my hair basically look black. It is a true color rinse and Sally also sells it. Here is what the product description says:
Blue Raven unveils an iridescent of true blue-black on dark brown to black hair. To correct "brassy" hair color tones on lighter shades, use this color sparingly. By adding a capful, this can also be used to add depth and richness to dark brown tints. http://www.folica.com/haircolor/ardell_colorenh.htm

HTH.

Thanks for the info ladies, I have a few more questions, how long does a rinse last? and how often can you apply one?

It will depend of a lot of things. For me, using heat made it last the longest - about 20 washes. I recently used Feria - a permanent color - and it faded in about 5 weeks. Now that I am avoiding heat, I am pretty much done with color too.

I think how often you can apply color will depend on how gentle the color is and how quickly it fades from your hair. In other words, you may have to experiment and see what works best for you.

So far I’ve had 2 rinses in my hair, Jazzings and Adore. Out of the two I believe that Jazzings was not harmful at all, in fact, the hairdresser who put in it my hair told me it’s more like a conditioning treatment with some color. As far as the time frame in which the color stays in your hair…well…let’s just say this color rinses out after 4 shampoos, so if you wash your hair a lot or apply products that contain water, beware of that color going fast and all over the place (it’s very messy). As for Adore, I’m really enjoying this rinse that I have in my hair. Some of the ladies who praise this rinse say that it lasts longer and I can agree with that! So far I have had my hair washed 3 times since putting it in and not once have I seen it run down the drain and it’s still as noticeable as ever! I don’t think rinses are harmful; they don’t contain ammonia or peroxide, but some don’t last as long. If you do decide to get a rinse I recommend you use heat with it (if you use heat) to get the most out of the color. HTH.

Back