I am suffering from Natural Hair Boredom

Country gal

:( I am so bored to death with my hair today. I want to take it out but I already paid to have it done about a week ago. I want my hair to longer. I am tired of wearing my twists but don't know what other styles I can rock that will get me through the work week. I feel so limited.

sbaker said:
:( I am so bored to death with my hair today. I want to take it out but I already paid to have it done about a week ago. I want my hair to longer. I am tired of wearing my twists but don't know what other styles I can rock that will get me through the work week. I feel so limited.
I know where you are coming from.....sort off. Both my best friends are natural for over a year now. One is so bored she's tempted to do a texturizer. The other is looking into a flat iron. They both of tired of their one style. One does either an afro or twists and the other just rocks braids. Not able to give you advice but at least offer you the comfort to know that you aren't alone. HTH :)

I like to try different hairstyles often so its pretty easy for me to get bored too---BUT there are plently of options out there for us to try.

What about, Bantu knots, cornrolls, yarn braids, palmrolls, flattwist, buns...straw sett, exc... on another board we came up with a plently of hairstyles that worked for natural hair....so I know they're out there.

What about accessories like, flowers, headbands exc.

Thanks Ladies. I want Ayeshia and Netta's hair. My hair feels so short. I don't feel like it is a feminine(sp) style.

sbaker said:
Thanks Ladies. I want Ayeshia and Netta's hair. My hair feels so short. I don't feel like it is a feminine(sp) style.

Girl I totally feel you. And no you dont want my hair. The pictures only shows the "nice" side of things :rofl: I blow out my hair everyonce in a blue moon, but other than that I sport a 4 inch shrunken up wash n go 99 % of the time. I am nowhere near shoulder length thats for sure. It seems like the longer my hair gets the more it shrinks, but Ive come to accpet the fact that its always going to appear short to some extent regardless if I reach waist length or not. You have a very beautiful face so I highly doubt that you would come off as masculine.

Ayeshia said:
Girl I totally feel you. And no you dont want my hair. The pictures only shows the "nice" side of things :rofl: I blow out my hair everyonce in a blue moon, but other than that I sport a 4 inch shrunken up wash n go 99 % of the time. I am nowhere near shoulder length thats for sure. It seems like the longer my hair gets the more it shrinks, but Ive come to accpet the fact that its always going to appear short to some extent regardless if I reach waist length or not. You have a very beautiful face so I highly doubt that you would come off as masculine.

Thank you. I worry about shrinkage too. If my hair does grow, the length may not seem noticeable because of the shrinkage. At least your hair is a nice thick fro. I miss my hair being out too.

Back