I am so NOT impressed with...

Substance&Style

Aphogee's Intensive Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor. ok ladies and i tried this and it did NOTHING! i guess i will try the treatment for damaged hair, and the balancing moisturizer, but my hair is not that damaged. i just need a reconstructor,this doesnt work, i will move on to nexxus :) i am scared to use the aphogee because i know it will turn my fine hair into a rock!

i am trying to learn the in's and out of hair products and haircare. i tried pantenes, deep conditioning mask and that sukked too!

any products that you are so NOT impressed with ladies? :lol:

SS

Substance&Style said:
any products that you are so NOT impressed with ladies? :lol:

SS

I'm not impressed with salerm wheat germ mask. I mixed 3tbsp of olive oil into it this time and it worked better, but nothing to write home about. I'm definitely not going to repurchase. on a slip scale i give it a 6.5, but it wasn't a silky slip...:confused:

I have the 2 min reconstructor as well and dont remember anything special abvout it, BUT i LOOVVVEEE aubreys gpb as a mild reconstructor that stuff detangles and softens, but strengthens sooo well!!! I give it a 9.

I have 4a fine hair and have used the aphogee treatment with success. I dont use their balancing moisturizer though... i use kenra moisturizing condit for 5 mins to soften my hair back up. I swear by aphogee tx and drc-28, they have been instrumental in helping me maintain my hair health and length.

Products I'm not impressed with: BB Oil Moisturizer, Nexxus Therapee and Humectress, Elasta QP Glaze:ohwell:

The first time I used the Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor I had the same reaction. It just felt like nothing. Then later on I realized that some products don't seem to "work" at certain times, particularly if your hair didn't need it . . . or it wasn't the proper strength you needed at that moment. :lol: Protein products are infamous for this.:lol: For instance, if I use the 2 minute reconstructor when I really need a heavier dosage of protein-- nothing happens. If I use it when I only need moderate amount of protein- it always does the trick. T

I try to give a product 3 strikes before I totally give up on it. I always try it out at various points in my regimen to make sure its not the product itself that my hair doesn't like. :lol: Like some of my moisturizers work better on my dried hair than my damp hair-- or days after a wash rather than on wash day.:lol: Hair is a trip.

LadyJay114 said:
I wasn't impressed with Nexxus Emergencee. I shedded hair like crazy after using that stuff.

i tried therappe and humectress and was so not impressed. i went back to CON! you are making me re-think trying the emergencee, lol

I think a lot of people are expecting the wrong things out of protein treatments.

1. A protein treatment will not give you slip. It is what it is, it helps strengthen the hair. Cones and conditioning agents give you slip.

2. It will not make your hair soft. It is protein which has the tendency to make you hair hard. That's why you use a deep conditioner afterwards

3. You won't nec. 'see' the results. You hair will break less but to be expecting a new head of hair is expecting a bit much . Many people expects for their hair to be shiny, bouncy, and fluffy, when protein treatments only fill in the weak spots. Also the results are only temporary, you have to keep doing them to continue the results.

I'm not saying that you guys think that in particular, I am saying that I have been seeing this a lot when it comes to protein treatments. There are a lot of high expectations when it comes to protein.

beana said:
I'm not impressed with salerm wheat germ mask. I mixed 3tbsp of olive oil into it this time and it worked better, but nothing to write home about. I'm definitely not going to repurchase. on a slip scale i give it a 6.5, but it wasn't a silky slip...:confused:

I have the 2 min reconstructor as well and dont remember anything special abvout it, BUT i LOOVVVEEE aubreys gpb as a mild reconstructor that stuff detangles and softens, but strengthens sooo well!!! I give it a 9.

I have 4a fine hair and have used the aphogee treatment with success. I dont use their balancing moisturizer though... i use kenra moisturizing condit for 5 mins to soften my hair back up. I swear by aphogee tx and drc-28, they have been instrumental in helping me maintain my hair health and length.

i am new to the hair thing, so i just gotta shop around after being natural since '90's it is like i am a virgin to the relaxer thing. so its been a month since the relaxer 4/5/06 and i need to stretch as long as i can. i am trying to go for 3-4 months :)

i am spending hella money trying to to find that 'one' product, lol.

that is why i started this thread, lol

Sistaslick said:
Products I'm not impressed with: BB Oil Moisturizer, Nexxus Therapee and Humectress, Elasta QP Glaze:ohwell:

The first time I used the Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor I had the same reaction. It just felt like nothing. Then later on I realized that some products don't seem to "work" at certain times, particularly if your hair didn't need it . . . or it wasn't the proper strength you needed at that moment. :lol: Protein products are infamous for this.:lol: For instance, if I use the 2 minute reconstructor when I really need a heavier dosage of protein-- nothing happens. If I use it when I only need moderate amount of protein- it always does the trick. T

I try to give a product 3 strikes before I totally give up on it. I always try it out at various points in my regimen to make sure its not the product itself that my hair doesn't like. :lol: Like some of my moisturizers work better on my dried hair than my damp hair-- or days after a wash rather than on wash day.:lol: Hair is a trip.

i hear you. i am going to the pantene deep conditioning mask again sometime in the future. i am trying the 'hard' aphogee tonight and i will see what happens :grin: relaxed hair is way different than natural hair to maintain, sheesh! i am feeling the relaxer though :)

Substance&Style said:
i tried therappe and humectress and was so not impressed. i went back to CON! you are making me re-think trying the emergencee, lol

i like humectress and keraphix, but i'm falling out of love with therappe.

i can't remember if it was this board or another one, but they mentioned that when Nexxus was bought by V05, they changed the formula so that it can be sold everywhere. CON is still a BSS only product. Because of that I may switch totally to CON after my Nexxus products are used up.

I tried humectress this weekend and was NOT impressed either. But, I will try it again since I have 3 bottles!
:wallbash: (dummy)

i agree, its rubbish!

breakage was the same
i even clarified before hand

just not fah me!!!
i dont even use any specific protein. i guess some hair just dont really need it that much. I've always said that strong hair, maybe not relaxed, texlaxed..doesn't need as much protein.

LadyJay114 said:
i like humectress and keraphix, but i'm falling out of love with therappe.

i can't remember if it was this board or another one, but they mentioned that when Nexxus was bought by V05, they changed the formula so that it can be sold everywhere. CON is still a BSS only product. Because of that I may switch totally to CON after my Nexxus products are used up.

hey chica!

what is BSS?

SS

Nexxus Therappe ruined my hair. I am finally getting my hair back on track thanks to Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair ( and CON only ONCE and a while )

Aussie Hair Insurance made my hair feel...weird.

MizaniMami said:
I think a lot of people are expecting the wrong things out of protein treatments.

1. A protein treatment will not give you slip. It is what it is, it helps strengthen the hair. Cones and conditioning agents give you slip.

2. It will not make your hair soft. It is protein which has the tendency to make you hair hard. That's why you use a deep conditioner afterwards

3. You won't nec. 'see' the results. You hair will break less but to be expecting a new head of hair is expecting a bit much . Many people expects for their hair to be shiny, bouncy, and fluffy, when protein treatments only fill in the weak spots. Also the results are only temporary, you have to keep doing them to continue the results.

I'm not saying that you guys think that in particular, I am saying that I have been seeing this a lot when it comes to protein treatments. There are a lot of high expectations when it comes to protein.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mizani here. And just to add, PLEASE don't do them if you are not suffering some damage and/or breakage....

Back