I Am So Glad You Are Back SistaSlick!!

LocksOfLuV

This is an official party thread for SistaSlick :band2: (bring your own bottle though lol :alcoholic ).

I know you were on a hiatus for a while, and you had school and the family thing going on, and big ups for you for that. I am just so glad to see you back posting and giving tips and stuff. Navs, Sareca, Kini, and others have been holding LHCF down with the scientific info, but it is just good to see you pop back in here with the hair knowledge and everything.

Don't leave us again, umm okay!! Save some PM space for me so I can email you crying and carrying on again because I know it is coming. :lol: Anyways, we are glad to have you back.

:dance7: :clap: :notworthy

Man, I've still been here.:lol: Why you gotta put me on the spot LoL-Mami :lol: I'm sure y'all know how it is during certain times of the year with college, though. Right now, its still slow in the semester coming out of the holidays so I've been able to pop in here and there. It'll probably pick back up again in the next few weeks, but y'all know y'all can always pm me, I try to be timely with those.:)

LocksOfLuV said:
This is an official party thread for SistaSlick :band2: (bring your own bottle though lol :alcoholic ).

I know you were on a hiatus for a while, and you had school and the family thing going on, and big ups for you for that. I am just so glad to see you back posting and giving tips and stuff. Navs, Sareca, Kini, and others have been holding LHCF down with the scientific info, but it is just good to see you pop back in here with the hair knowledge and everything.

Don't leave us again, umm okay!! Save some PM space for me so I can email you crying and carrying on again because I know it is coming. :lol: Anyways, we are glad to have you back.

:dance7: :clap: :notworthy
Im really glad you started this thread, Mizani!!! (Im tired of writing L.O.L) :lol:

SistaSlick you were SORELY missed!!! YOu were like one of my very FIRST hair inspirations when i first joined the board.... and you taught me sooo much!!! Ive seen you popping up more and more lately on the board, and i was hoping that you were "officially" back!!!

So WELCOME, girl, and dont EVA leave us again, missy!!?? Hmmkay???!!! :lachen: Thanx!!! :D

Sistaslick said:
Man, I've still been here.:lol: Why you gotta put me on the spot LoL-Mami :lol: I'm sure y'all know how it is during certain times of the year with college, though. Right now, its still slow in the semester coming out of the holidays so I've been able to pop in here and there. It'll probably pick back up again in the next few weeks, but y'all know y'all can always pm me, I try to be timely with those.:)

Just in case you felt like you wanted to dip on us again, I thought I may lay a guilty case out on ya!:lol: J/k, but we really are glad to have you bacK!

Y'all are too much man. If only there were a LHCF degree program. :lol: I'm trying to get all my time in now before it starts getting crazy back on the homefront.

eta: and L-Mami you ain't right. I had just told myself I was gonna get refocused on these classes then you pop up with this. Gee... thanks... hahaaa :rofl:

LocksOfLuV said:
Just in case you felt like you wanted to dip on us again, I thought I may lay a guilty case out on ya!:lol: J/k, but we really are glad to have you bacK!

*whispers* Good plan, girl!!! ^^^5's :lol: Hehehe!!!

But seriously though, it really is nice to have your presence around again, Sista.... even if only for a short while before school gets crazy again! *hugs* :)

OT: Sista, are you still working on your manuscript/book about Healthy Hair Care? If so, how is that going? I know things are crazy/hectic at school and so forth, but i wish you well on that project if u are still planning to publish ure wonderful info at some point!!!!

KiniKakes said:
OT: Sista, are you still working on your manuscript/book about Healthy Hair Care? If so, how is that going? I know things are crazy/hectic at school and so forth, but i wish you well on that project if u are still planning to publish ure wonderful info at some point!!!!

Yes! I did a bulk of my writing over the summer knowing that I'd be strapped for time later on. But I do add in bits and pieces when things come to me.

And I don't want it to be something half slapped together. :lol: I'm going for something pretty comprehensive, so I'm really going to take my time on this one. I also have a thing for books with nice, glossy pictures and in the book publishing world that unfortunately means LOTS and LOTS of money. I always wondered why most hair books didn't have too many good quality color pictures-- and now I see why. :ohwell: So aside from the writing, I need to have the proper financial resources to do the kind of work that I want to do. Seeing as though I do not have a real job yet, I've got some saving and resource allocating to do. :lol: I can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Welcome back!!!! Sistaslick, your informative post to the newbies was the first one I read when I first started the boards. That post made me realized that I could grow my hair if I understood it.Good luck with school and your book. Thanks for all you do to help others!!!!

Welcome back, Sista!!:) Good to see ya back giving your helpful tips as always. You are like a hair celebrity. I knew about you before even joining and discovering LHCF. Yes, you are that popular, chica:D

shunta said:
Welcome back, Sista!!:) Good to see ya back giving your helpful tips as always. You are like a hair celebrity. I knew about you before even joining and discovering LHCF. Yes, you are that popular, chica:D

dang Shunta :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and thanks so much everybody. :cry3:

shunta said:

She sure is, my sister isn't even on hair boards and she knows SistaSlick aka "The Hair Guru."

Sistaslick said:
Yes! I did a bulk of my writing over the summer knowing that I'd be strapped for time later on. But I do add in bits and pieces when things come to me.

And I don't want it to be something half slapped together. :lol: I'm going for something pretty comprehensive, so I'm really going to take my time on this one. I also have a thing for books with nice, glossy pictures and in the book publishing world that unfortunately means LOTS and LOTS of money. I always wondered why most hair books didn't have too many good quality color pictures-- and now I see why. :ohwell: So aside from the writing, I need to have the proper financial resources to do the kind of work that I want to do. Seeing as though I do not have a real job yet, I've got some saving and resource allocating to do. :lol: I can't wait to see how this all turns out!

Ladies can we help a SISTA out? :)

wheezy807 said:
Ladies can we help a SISTA out? :)

Oh! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Nope! :lol: uh uh! :nono: I won't even hear of that! :lachen: That is so sweet of you wheezy, but I firmly believe that a sista's gotta carry her own weight. :lol: And for me, reaching this goal will be so much sweeter in the end if I know that I worked for it and did it myself every step of the way. Nothing can beat self sufficiency, so I'm working diligently toward reaching my own goals. I know what its gonna take to get there, and I know I can do it! :yep: Maybe not today at this very moment, but it WILL get done in God's time. Believe that. :lol:

Last edited:
WELCOME BACK YOU ARE THE REASON Y I HAVE HAIR ON MY HEAD today!

Sistaslick said:

Sistaslick said:

Thats really awesome!!!! :grin: And with that kind of determination and drive, i have NO doubts that you'll get that book published at some point.... and WITH the glossy, colored photos!!!! ;)

Im so proud of you!!! Once ure book is on the shelf, i cant wait to brag to folks that "I know that girl!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

DITTO!!!!! I'm also glad to see Sistaslick posting more frequently.

I have plenty of hair inspirations on this board and SS is mos def in the tip top!! I mean just georgous hair and all the great advice she gives.

Sistaslick, you are definately a wonderful (and needed) asset to LHCF!! :)

Sista! Everyone loves you. You brought me to this site too and have dealt with all my crazy hair questions. Stay sweet.

Back