I am leaving my DH - I have a NEW LOVE!!

Lucky's Mom

:lachen::lachen: OK - I am totally joking!

But - I do have a new LOVER!!!!:love3: HENNA!!!:love3:!:love3:

I FINALLY treid it today - after reading and reading and contemplating the fear:peek: of a terrible turnout....

So - I had been using Cassia - and I thought that the results were pretty good - But not like this.

I have also been fighting :catfight:with my hair a bit - for whatever reason.... I Have some breakage - that I had not noticed :rolleyes:

Anyhoo - I was tired of fighting - I read a few posts this morning - and Plunged in!:rocker:

My mix

Henna
3 heaping spoons of Indigo
hot coffee
hot rosemary tea.

Mixed it up - slapped it on....I bought stylist cape - just in case. ( the dye was releasing anyways.....

virtually no mess..... ( I have one itty bitty mark on one hand :giggle: )

left it on with heat for about 1/2 hour.... and had it on a total of 2 hours.

I went into the shower with LOOSE hair .... Did you read that? Ladies who know me - know I never EVER wear loose hair...

In fear - I began to rinse - and spray the tub - Cleaning any henna out of the tub.....

My hands and EYES fooled me... what is this????? Coils? strength? NO TANGLES????? :pant:

I co -washed and rinsed again.... I am stunned.:cloud9:

I am sitting with DC on now.... it is pupmed with moisture - so I should be fine... It will be on for a while - I got a meeting tonight....:yep:

:rocker:Henna totally rocks. I will be doing this again - next week!!!!! I will be going away with henna on Friday nights!!!! :giggle:

I'm glad it worked out so well for you! I ordered some Cassia a few days ago, so it should be here soon. I'm going to use that first, but I can't wait to try Henna!

good read, sam, i mean lucky'smom, ;) I will revisit my henna mixes, as well, i could stand for some looseness in the curlness, if you know what i mean. Review and smileys appreciated.

Wait till I tell your hubby, your matron/maid of honor, the best man, your in-laws and your family about your dogging ways, you bloody cheat! :rolleyes:

Glad it turned out well for you, :clap: But you're still a two-timing snake!

Henna is the best way to cheat on your man.:giggle: Like you I was afraid to try henna at first, but after I took the first plunge, woopie!!

I FINALLY treid it today - after reading and reading and contemplating the fear:peek: of a terrible turnout....

So - I had been using Cassia - and I thought that the results were pretty good - But not like this.

I have also been fighting :catfight:with my hair a bit - for whatever reason.... I Have some breakage - that I had not noticed :rolleyes:

Anyhoo - I was tired of fighting - I read a few posts this morning - and Plunged in!:rocker:

My mix

Henna
hot coffee
hot rosemary tea.

Mixed it up - slapped it on....I bought stylist cape - just in case. ( the dye was releasing anyways.....

I went into the shower with LOOSE hair .... Did you read that? Ladies who know me - know I never EVER wear loose hair...

In fear - I began to rinse - and spray the tub - Cleaning any henna out of the tub.....

My hands and EYES fooled me... what is this????? Coils? strength? NO TANGLES????? :pant:

I am sitting with DC on now.... it is pupmed with moisture - so I should be fine... It will be on for a while - I got a meeting tonight....:yep:

:rocker:Henna totally rocks. I will be doing this again - next week!!!!! I will be going away with henna on Friday nights!!!! :giggle:

OK - Update.... I dunno. Maybe I did something wrong. How much rinsing can one woman do????

:rolleyes: - Was I supposed to shampoo? I dunno- my hair felt weird......and detangling was - well not soo bad....But - I will do this in Twists/braids next time.....
Anyhow....

We will see next week....

OK - Update.... I dunno. Maybe I did something wrong. How much rinsing can one woman do????

:rolleyes: - Was I supposed to shampoo? I dunno- my hair felt weird......and detangling was - well not soo bad....But - I will do this in Twists/braids next time.....
Anyhow....

We will see next week....

When I henna I rinse a lot.

Henna for 2-3 hours
Rinse
Shampoo with a moisturizing poo
Co wash
DC for 1-2 hours
Co wash again
Then do my normal routine.

I wash so much because I use coffee grains to make a browner color so I have to make sure I get all of the stuff out.

I co-wash my henna out. I use a watery conditioner like the VO5 brands. I do that 3 times or so and then one or two shampoos. I use yogurt in my mix, as well. Helps with rinsing.

Yes, I agree – Henna is great. One of the best things for my hair. Even when I stopped using it, thinking I did not need it. It took about 6 months and my hair started tripping. I got back on the henna wagon quick and I am not jumping off anymore

When it comes to rinsing out henna, with the amount of hair you have, I'd recommend cowashing the henna out. I rinse and repeat cowashing probably 4 times, making sure I get to the roots really well then run the conditioner down the length. The denser the hair, the more rinsing you're going to have to do, but it's worth it :yep:. I also find that applying it to oiled hair helps the grit slide out a bit better once I start cowashing.

When it comes to rinsing out henna, with the amount of hair you have, I'd recommend cowashing the henna out. I rinse and repeat cowashing probably 4 times, making sure I get to the roots really well then run the conditioner down the length. The denser the hair, the more rinsing you're going to have to do, but it's worth it :yep:. I also find that applying it to oiled hair helps the grit slide out a bit better once I start cowashing.

This is where I get confused. I thought OIL was bad for the whole Dye Release/ Bind to keratin thing?????

My mix

Henna
hot coffee
hot rosemary tea.

I deep condition with a homemade henna protein mask (henna powder,
one cup of hot brewed shikakai tea, one egg, 1 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of AVC, and 1/4 cup of avocado oil - I nuke this mixture twice for 5 min and put in the refrigerator over night before use) this preparation will last for two applications - freeze what you do not use. I leave the mask on for two hours - under a conditioning cap

My hair loves everything about this mask, I mean everything. Henna is underrated; it is cheap, it is natural, and its conditioning abilities are amazing.:bouncy:

Thanks everyone!!!! :kiss:

good read, sam, i mean lucky'smom, ;) I will revisit my henna mixes, as well, i could stand for some looseness in the curlness, if you know what i mean. Review and smileys appreciated.

HEY!!! :sekret: That is LM to you - HAAA:lachen:

Wait till I tell your hubby, your matron/maid of honor, the best man, your in-laws and your family about your dogging ways, you bloody cheat! :rolleyes:

Glad it turned out well for you, :clap: But you're still a two-timing snake!

I know I am a two timer.... :kiss:
Henna is the best way to cheat on your man.:giggle: Like you I was afraid to try henna at first, but after I took the first plunge, woopie!!

:giggle:

Welcome to the Dark Side.

:lachen::lachen:

Back