I am in love with my hair again !!!!!!

moda

and I owe it all to DSD and Southergirl. I did the ponytail method and a pin curl set and my hair looks like I used heat. Now it did take a couple days to achieve the results but I am sooooooo excited. I have to work on my pin curls, curls were much tighter than I wanted when I first took them down, but hey I am off to a good start.

Pics are in the album under Recovering Heat aholic, transitioners hopefully this provides some encouragemnt for you.

mswinni said:
You should be, your hair is georgeous!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I used to cry all the time about my hair reverting while trying to wear straight styles and I used to use heat way too much, I am learning to finally accept my hair.

What products did you use and what method?

I used to be able to straighten my natural hair by moisturizing with olive oil and aloe vera gel, then twisting it into 4 bantu knots. Now that method doesn't work anymore.

Nefertiti0906 said:
What products did you use and what method?

I used to be able to straighten my natural hair by moisturizing with olive oil and aloe vera gel, then twisting it into 4 bantu knots. Now that method doesn't work anymore.

Now I did not get my hair to cooperate over night, this was a process that took a couple days. The first night I washed my hair, the following day I wore an afro puff which straightened the hair leading to the puff, when I took down the puff I put my hair in about 13 pin curls and kept them in over night, and voila next morning straight hair. (well as straight as it could be w/o heat)

I used pantene oil cream moisturizer & Black n Sassy heat sheen. Washed and conditioned with NTM

I'm lovin the curls!!! I can relate to what you mean....too...well I don't LOVE my hair but we are in LIKE right now :)

senimoni said:
I'm lovin the curls!!! I can relate to what you mean....too...well I don't LOVE my hair but we are in LIKE right now :)

I have a sort of a love/hate relationship with my hair, lately it has been cooperating, I never thought I would be content with my hair.

Thanks! I'll try to see if I can still straighten my hair without heat.

cincybrownsugar said:
Now I did not get my hair to cooperate over night, this was a process that took a couple days. The first night I washed my hair, the following day I wore an afro puff which straightened the hair leading to the puff, when I took down the puff I put my hair in about 13 pin curls and kept them in over night, and voila next morning straight hair. (well as straight as it could be w/o heat)

I used pantene oil cream moisturizer & Black n Sassy heat sheen. Washed and conditioned with NTM

Back