I am getting the itch to trim

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well ladies. I said I would go until my next relaxer to trim but that's a whole 4 months away.

I want to trim so bad even though my ends are in great shape.

What is a girl to do? I don't care about even hair. I am growing it long.

Maybe I should do just a baby trim????

I don't know. I just don't know. Why does this have to be so hard. Back in the day I would trim every six weeks why am I having such a hard time doing it now?? My last trim was November 2003!

Please help a sistah out...Please!

TIA

i don't understand. if your ends are in great shape and you want length, why trim at all?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
swirl said:
i don't understand. if your ends are in great shape and you want length, why trim at all?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't have said it better myself!! Girl, get away from those scissors!!

DSD - How do your ends look? If they "look" thin and unhealthy, could this be why you're itching to trim? You must have some reason to be itching to trim is what I mean. If you don't care about unevenness as you grow your hair, then trimming probably doesn't matter to you if your ends are not split. It's really a personal preference. Do what works for you and what makes you happy with your hair.
smile.gif

Hairlove, I think I just want a little bounce and life in my hair when it is not up in a bun and sometimes those "thin" ends can hinder the polished look that I sometimes crave.

They are a little sparse and this is usually about the length I get discouraged and cut my hair off. I am def. leaning toward a tiny 1/2 inch trim with maybe another by the beginning of the year.

I agree with hairlove. If you have no split ends and you're not concerned with the evenness of your ends then don't trim. On the other hand, if trimming will satisfy and please you then choose to do whatever will make you happier.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Hairlove, I think I just want a little bounce and life in my hair when it is not up in a bun and sometimes those "thin" ends can hinder the polished look that I sometimes crave.

They are a little sparse and this is usually about the length I get discouraged and cut my hair off. I am def. leaning toward a tiny 1/2 inch trim with maybe another by the beginning of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, well don't be crying to us in a few months or a year when you think about how you could have been at bra strap or how close you could have been if you hadn't been scissor happy!!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
LOL

Naptrl, you are too funny!!
laugh.gif

I'm not scissor happy just think it's time for a little trimmy trim. I held out almost a year. Don't you think I did well???!!

Well, if it's been a year then it's probably time!! That's understandable I suppose!! Your ends are still healthy after a whole year!! That's great!! How do you do it?!! Tell a fellow Jawja girl your secret!!

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
Well, if it's been a year then it's probably time!! That's understandable I suppose!! Your ends are still healthy after a whole year!! That's great!! How do you do it?!! Tell a fellow Jawja girl your secret!!

[/ QUOTE ]

To a fellow Georgia girl...protective styles and the baggie technique has got me this far. Minimul heat and keeping those ends very moisturized.

I will just trim on an as needed basis which will probably be at least 1-2 times per year.

Thanks!!!

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
orders.gif
BACK AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS, BACK AWAY FROM THE SCISSORS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have decided to go for it!! Not too much just about 1/2 to 1 inch.

oh okay! Well I'm doing that now, so we'll see how long i can go! I can't do the baggie yet b/c I'm still in the TWA stage, but I'm getting there!!

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
oh okay! Well I'm doing that now, so we'll see how long i can go! I can't do the baggie yet b/c I'm still in the TWA stage, but I'm getting there!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Good luck to you!! What is your goal?

Bra Strap of course (like everybody else)!! I want to get to my shoulders by January!! Well maybe below my ears!! I have 3+ inches right now, so I don't know! I'm so used to really long hair, it's hard for me to get used to the TWA, but I love my natural hair, though... I want that bra strap though!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
naptrl said:
Bra Strap of course (like everybody else)!! I want to get to my shoulders by January!! Well maybe below my ears!! I have 3+ inches right now, so I don't know! I'm so used to really long hair, it's hard for me to get used to the TWA, but I love my natural hair, though... I want that bra strap though!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good!!

Since your siggy says that you will be sporting a bun til august 2005 why not just wait til then? for one hair usually grows crookedy (if that's a word) anyway so if you trim now, you will prolly have to trim again at the end of the challenge. And since you won't be wearing it out anyway...

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
Since your siggy says that you will be sporting a bun til august 2005 why not just wait til then? for one hair usually grows crookedy (if that's a word) anyway so if you trim now, you will prolly have to trim again at the end of the challenge. And since you won't be wearing it out anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to write the same thing when I saw this post. Aren't you on the bun challenge for the next year? In that case, it won't matter if you're ends are thin.

[ QUOTE ]
Mariaat40 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to write the same thing when I saw this post. Aren't you on the bun challenge for the next year? In that case, it won't matter if you're ends are thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that is completely true. I don't want to finish the challange and have to cut 2 or more inches. I would rather trim here and there instead of doing one big one. That why I won't feel like I am losing as much.

Trust me ladies, I will not overdo it!!

I think we all feel the urge to trim at times, even when it's not necessary. I feel a pressure to do it because other women here post pics and note that their ends are thin and need trimming. Well, my ends are always a bit thinner than the other parts, mainly because I am growing out layers (over a year and a half now) the longest strands aren't as plentiful as the shorter lengths. But my hair is thinner than avaerge overall anyway. DSD, did you trim it? I think your hair looks great.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all of your support and advice. I know what I must do!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what ya gonna do /images/graemlins/look.gif?

Didn't you just trim or dust your ends /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif?

Is this want to trim an after affect of the braids /images/graemlins/crazy.gif?

Back