I am ecstatic!

Ganjababy

I cannot believe it! I had resigned myself to being bald (no, not really) but I did believe I would be by the end of Dec but was fighting it all the way, when I stumbled on a thread where Aggie and Jamaraa (and others) were discussing the wonders of Fenugreek.

I bought some garlic oil infused with fenugreek (for horses) and used it in a pre-DC treatment 3 times so far this week. This has reduced my excessive (and I mean excessive) shedding down tremendously. Today I bought some fenugreek powder and added it to my other ayurvedic herbs, infused with hot water then added it to my yogurt treatment.

Just using the garlic oil infused with fenugreek 3 times this week has made a huge difference and I am just so ecstatic right now. I found the fenugreek extremely moisturising. It will be a staple of mine from now on but it did leave bits in my hair. I will make my own garlic/fenugreek oil infusion going forward.

I have been shedding because-

1) I am very anemic - very low HB- slacked on my ferritin/spirulina/chlorophyl intake
2) Recently lost a lot of weight.
3) Been very stressed with a lot of serious personal issues.
4) Had major surgery.

I think all of the above contributed to my shedding. It is so much that I now have a bald spot in my head (again, had it before due to anemia but it grew back after I took remedial action).

I felt so good when I detangled today and the shedding was so much less than it has been in the last several weeks.

Below are some comparison pics of my weekly detangling. The first bundle is of my detangling today. The second bundle was last weeks detangling. The third is the week before that. The excessive shed hairs have been bigger than my fist.

Attachments

• S7300649.jpg
    S7300649.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
That is Great to know, I have been shedding a lot lately too, I have been weighing My options and this sounds pretty Good. Thank You for sharing!

P.S.- Where did You purchase both the Fenugreek and the Garlic Oil?

From a horse supplies store:spinning: Upon reflection, I think that I should have made it myself- which I will in the future.

That is Great to know, I have been shedding a lot lately too, I have been weighing My options and this sounds pretty Good. Thank You for sharing! I bought the fenugreek from an Asian food store.

P.S.- Where did You purchase both the Fenugreek and the Garlic Oil?

Thank You so much, I wish I had a Horse Supply store near Me, I wonder if I can order On-Line, I will do a search. But in any case Thanks again!

Evsbaby, congratulations; I'm so happy for you! :yep: Your shedding went down a lot - I mean, A WHOLE FREAKIN LOT!!! Thanks for sharing the remedy and for posting the pictures.

Congratulations, sweetheart!! I hope things in your life get better, but I'm thrilled that you've found something that works for you. :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thanks for sharing evsbaby. I am happy that you found help in using something natural to reduce your excessive shedding. I love fenugreek and have been using it for a while now. I buy it in bulk everytime because I don't like to run out of this wonderful ayur-herb.

I think you are better off making it yourself. The reason I say this is because The bottle I bought does not say what kind of oil they used 9for all I know it could be engine oil:nono:). I did not really think about this when I ordered because I was so excited to see it. However I now have no idea what kind of oil I am putting on my head and it is not stated on the bottle. I could ring up the company but wont bother. I will just use it up and make my own next time.

Just get some fenugreek seeds from your local supermarket (or online), some olive or other oil and put some peeled/chopped garlic cloves in the oil with the seeds and warm a batch and keep in the fridge- it will be much cheaper and better quality. Try and get some fenugreek powder to add to your hair treatment/condish also as this is even more potent (I think).

Good luck

Thank You so much, I wish I had a Horse Supply store near Me, I wonder if I can order On-Line, I will do a search. But in any case Thanks again!

I am so happy wou found something to stop your hair from shedding. I hope all is well with you. Remember to take care of your self.

I'm glad for you evsbaby!! I know you have been having a hard time with your health and all so it's nice to hear you finally caught a break with something. Natural is always the way to go :yep:

That is quite the difference! I have garlic tablets but no fenugreek. But shedding does bother me only because more shed hairs = more tangles. Thanks for the posts with pictures

Back