I am BC'ing on May 20th at 1:30pm

shellzfoshizzle

I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth.

Well, actually I can. I think about doing it everyday and I am ready. I cannot imagine going through the summer with the way my hair looks and feels. I wanna be free at last, free at last! I cut some of my hair just about each week, someone needs to hide the scissors from me.

The reason I am going to a salon to have it done is because I'm afraid once I cut it I'm not going to know what to do with it. So, I made an appointment at Lockstar Hair Salon (a well-known natural hair salon in my city) for Saturday, May 20th at 1:30pm (http://www.lockstarsalon.com/). It costs $65 for them to do my big chop and give me a twist out. I'm willing to pay that, I thought it would be much more. And guess what they sell there? MISS JESSIE'S PRODUCTS. I may have to purchase me a $50 thing of some curly creme.

I updated my album last night, check it out if you want!
http://public.fotki.com/inthosejeans

I'm so happy and I hope that I'll be 1000x happier when I walk out of the salon.

Congrats and good luck Shellz...!!!!

I remember when I finally set my BC date--I was so excited, and became SO impatient, LOL. Like you, I couldn't imagine going into Spring wearing a poofy bun all the time!

I did end up BC'ing two weeks early though. :ohwell:

I don't regret it AT ALL.

Congratulations. You will have to update your signature as you will have reached your goal earlier than planned :)

why wait? take some hedge clippers and take care of bid'ness right now!! Mow them suckers down and kiss them permed ends goodbye! Enjoy being natural....I know I have. You will want to braid it up..but as soon as you get hte braids you will long to play wit h your natural hair. You will love being able to wash it as often as you like and let it dry as is. You will love the texture! you will marvel in your naturalness.

Congrat shellz...:clapping: you are definitely ready! I kept itching and itching too, and I just snipped.

You will be a lot happier once those relaxed ends comes off. You will look and feel better!

Thanks everyone for the support! :hugs: I know I'm going to have tons of styling questions even though I stalk natural hair albums 24/7 and live on this board. I'm so hype, I can't wait!

shellzfoshizzle said:
I can't believe those words are coming out of my mouth.

Well, actually I can. I think about doing it everyday and I am ready. I cannot imagine going through the summer with the way my hair looks and feels. I wanna be free at last, free at last! I cut some of my hair just about each week, someone needs to hide the scissors from me.

The reason I am going to a salon to have it done is because I'm afraid once I cut it I'm not going to know what to do with it. So, I made an appointment at Lockstar Hair Salon (a well-known natural hair salon in my city) for Saturday, May 20th at 1:30pm (http://www.lockstarsalon.com/). It costs $65 for them to do my big chop and give me a twist out. I'm willing to pay that, I thought it would be much more. And guess what they sell there? MISS JESSIE'S PRODUCTS. I may have to purchase me a $50 thing of some curly creme.

I updated my album last night, check it out if you want!
http://public.fotki.com/inthosejeans

I'm so happy and I hope that I'll be 1000x happier when I walk out of the salon.

Congrats to you! You should start to check out some of us naturals albums for styling tips! Girl hop on over to www.nappturality.com they have a section for natural hair styling, newbie naturals, products homemade/commercial and their reviews. CONGRATS TO YOU AGAIN! Welcome to the wonderful world of nappturality!:) :) :D

Congrats and enjoy the salon experience. Once you get the hang of styling your fully natural hair yourself your visits might be few and far between, so enjoy being pampered for your BC and style! I know you'll look too fly :)

Whoot!!! Go Shellz, so proud of you Girl! You're so brave, you seriously need to rub some of that stuff off on me. I know you'll look beautiful :)!

Congrats on your decision! :yay:

I also liked what you said in your fotki album underneath your "Transition August 2005-2006" folder! :up:

Have fun!

Back