I am a lurker no more!!!!:-)

BrwnSugaBabee

Helloooo ladies:) I am so excited! I finally decided to join. I have been on here everyday for a while now prob like 2 mos. Currently I have collarbone length hair. My hair has been through some trials and tribulations! After coloring about 2 years ago (decided on red), i decided to also stop relaxing. No wonder all of my hair broke off.My hair was healthy and armpit length, then the breakage began (play sad music here) :spank: So now I am on operation grow back. :armyhat: I have been to bra strap before so I know that it is possible. So now im heading for a lil shorter than waist length. You guys are all such an inspiration to me and have already taught me so much about my hair!

p.s I am all natural now and lovin it! just cut off the last of my relaxer about 3 weeks ago ..YAY!!! :grin: i will have an album asap!!

ok think i might got a lil too excited and forgot to post my question LOL! my hair is natural but doesnt seem to have a whole lot of curl definition, are there any products out there that will increase defintion? I read about the buttercreme stuff but it is a lil expensive. TIA

Last edited:

Welcome! :wave:

Sorry, I'm a relaxed head, so I don't know much about curl definition. I'm sure other natural/texturized ladies can help you out.

Meanwhile, enjoy the board!

Hi, welcome to the forum! I've heard a few things that others have mentioned can increase curl definition. One was Jojoba Jelly from www.kinky-curly.com
Another time, I read a poster that complained of having no curl def. use Paul Mitchell foaming pomade with the sculpting foam. I know there are others that have been raved about but I don't remember what they are.

Congrats on your BC and happy hair growing!

nurseN98 said:
Hi, welcome to the forum! I've heard a few things that others have mentioned can increase curl definition. One was Jojoba Jelly from www.kinky-curly.com
Another time, I read a poster that complained of having no curl def. use Paul Mitchell foaming pomade with the sculpting foam. I know there are others that have been raved about but I don't remember what they are.

Congrats on your BC and happy hair growing!

Thank you! I will go check out that site now. I tried using that brown gel proclaim i think, my hair turned out a hot mess! LOL so i will def go and check these other products out! Thanks again! :D

Hey,

Welcome to the board!!! I'm not natural, but I only relax every 16-17 weeks, and when I get to the end of my rope, Aloe Vera gel makes my waves really stand out in my buns. HTH

MelsWifey said:
Hey,

Welcome to the board!!! I'm not natural, but I only relax every 16-17 weeks, and when I get to the end of my rope, Aloe Vera gel makes my waves really stand out in my buns. HTH

Thanks for the advice Melswifey! Can i get that at Sally's? I just purchased the jojoba jelly that was recommended in an earlier post so hopefully curls are on the way! An again thanks to everyone who posted:-)

by the way here is a link to my blackplanet page, my hair isnt out in any of these photos. the first is a weave then i think im wearing braids but at least you can see who you are talkin to lol! have a great day!

http://members.blackplanet.com/trina563

I lurked for about 6 months before finally getting around to paying the membership fee. Then it still took me two months to post but I'm glad I did! This is a nice community, you'll like it here.:)

Hi!! I am natural also and for great curl definition, you should try a shake and go, where you wash your hair and apply products of choice (mine is fruit of the earth aloe vera gel) and shake your head a few times to seperate your curls. Nursen98 provided you with the website I was gonna recommend already and when I get some more $$,I will try those products out myself. Here's a website you can go to that will provide you more info about enhancing your curl pattern- http://www.curve-salon.com Look in the Kinks to Curls 101 section!!

Back