I am a fine-haired lady who wants to try LYE relaxer! HELP!!

Serenity_Peace said:
Hi MissMadaam! :wave:

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. Will you let me know how things work out for you. If you try the Lady Velvet, the Vitale Mild or whatever, let me know how it works for you. I still have two more months to decide what I will try next. :kiss:

yahoo-default-smileys-60.gif
I most certainly will let u know Im thinking about Mizani lye fine/color treated but im gonna look into Lady Velvet as well

FlawedBeauty said:
Aww. I have fine strands and i use ORS. I leave the ORS Replenish pack on my head for hours after i have washed out the relaxer. this helps so much and my hair is always super soft after. then i finish with a light amount of the ors olive oil lotion moisturizer then seal with some oil. that works well for me. :)

WOOOWWWOOOOWWWW!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

All this growth in just 8 months!!???!! How did you do this? You have made fantastic, amazing progress!! What's your secret?

Also, I wish that I could use ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer but I can't. It's far too heavy for my fine strands. At first, it makes my hair look shiny but then after only a few hours, my hair is back to looking dull and lifeless. I keep my hair in buns 99% of the time. I'm so sick and tired of this tired-arse bun!:grin:

No, I didn't purchase the relaxer. This is the only type of relaxer this stylist uses.. She had mild and the regular. She only left the relaxer in about 8 -10 minutes, smooothed a little with her fingers, no comb and I was done. I was sooooo pleased.. I don't know what she used to set my hair, but I only pincurl my hair at night.. never been able to do that before, and it looks like I have been at the salon every day, no kidding. It is such a big difference from the other relaxers I used. It didn't burn, and my hair just looks and feels better.

growinglong777 said:
Hey, D Lewis is the reason why I used the Lady Velvet.. I pondered for months looking for the right relaxer for my hair.. I did not have any luck with the other ones.. after much thought.. one of my co -workers has beautiful BSL hair like DLEWIS and I asked her what she was using as a relaxer and who did her hair, and there it was. It was the perfect relaxer and the perfect stylist, one who really listened. I am so grateful I can't stand it. :lachen:

Who makes this relaxer and where do you buy it?

I don't know who makes it, but I have seen it at Sally's Beauty Supply stores in my hometown. A professional stylist used this relaxer on my hair. You can probably do an online search and just type in Lady Velvet Relaxer.

Serenity_Peace said:
WOOOWWWOOOOWWWW!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

All this growth in just 8 months!!???!! How did you do this? You have made fantastic, amazing progress!! What's your secret?

Also, I wish that I could use ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer but I can't. It's far too heavy for my fine strands. At first, it makes my hair look shiny but then after only a few hours, my hair is back to looking dull and lifeless. I keep my hair in buns 99% of the time. I'm so sick and tired of this tired-arse bun!:grin:

LOL!!! @ bolded!!!:lol:

Back