Hydrothermal Naturals review & (challenge) by Growingbrown....

growingbrown

I am taking this time to give my own personal review of these products and doing a 1 month challenge or more with this product.....and your welcome to join!

Review: I purchased the SLS Free collection set. I used the entire set from washing with the SSL free shampoo, the moisture boosting conditioning treatment with the hair growth oil. I sat under the dryer for about 20 min. I rinsed, then applied the follicle mist to scalp and worked it into my scalp and down the shaft of my hair. I then used protein-balance leave-in conditioner followed by the daily moisturizing lotion then sealed with the hair growth oil. I then placed my hair under a shower cap for about 20 minutes to do some cooking..... I then began to section my hair and apply the botanical defining gel and two strand twist my hair.

The shampoo worked great! It got a good lather and with one wash, my hair and scalp felt clean and was clean. My hair didn't feel stripped at all. The conditioner ...... Well it was fantastic! It felt very moisturizing. It had a great slip that I never felt in a conditioner that I currently have. Before rinsing out my hair felt great and after rinsing my hair felt great, looked great and smelled great! The protein and moisture leave in seemed really thin when applying to my hair. I'm used to using kimmaytube leave in with Giovanni or AOHSR. As I started twisting my hair and it was drying..... My hair felt very balanced! Soft and moisturized! The gel has a nice and fabulous hold. It's kinda on the softer side of a holding gel.

Overall.... LOVE these products. Right now my hair is sooooooo soft and feels so good I can't keep my hands out of my hair! The smell of these products are yummy as well. I plan to use these products exclusively for the entire month of April to see the growth I get and how the health of my reacts. So check back and join me for s challenge!

Pic ofy hair taken on March 31.

ForumRunner_20120402_085744.jpg

ForumRunner_20120402_085754.jpg

Please share your experience with these products.

Thanks for the review! I have the oil and the growth lotion and I really like them both. Hydratherma Naturals is having a sale right now...I just made a big Qhemet haul, but you know that never stops a PJ....:scratchch

I might be back to join you!

I have majority of Qhemet products as well! Lol.... The sale is why I purchased the hydra... products and the good reviews.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results at the end of the month. I've been thinking on purchasing these products for a while, but have not made a move yet.

I am starting my 2nd week using this product. So far so good. I shampoo my hair one wash and my hair was clean and felt clean. I used the product every other day(a little product, not much just to test the build up for the week) and I thought I would have product build-up but I didn't. My hair had a lot of hold when I took down my twists so I know the gel has a strong hold. This time I used less gel. So a little of the gel goes a long way..... The gel is perfect. It gives good hold on my 4a/b hair. It provides a hold quicker than ecostyler gel olive oil. I will still continue to use it for the rest of the month and provide feedback as well.

Love the products as well. Will follow this thread and your progress. Some of my favs are (in no particular order):

Protein Leave-In
Growth Oil
Follicle Booster
Growth Lotion
Silk Amino Protein DC'er

Great Products. Wonderful Customer Service. Lovely smell. Overall, a great Line of products.

So far so good. Week 3 was Sunday of me using these products. I must say, my hair likes these products. The products gives you the assumption that it's not moisturizing and coating cause the products, with the exception on the growth moisturizing lotion, have a liquid consistency. When I was done twisting my damp hair and let it dry, my hair was extremely moisturized. My hair was very soft. This time as well I used the foam style. It was good and gave my hair a slight hold but enough to hold a soft twist out if I wanted. I am still wearing my two strand twists.

i have not found many products i like so could tell me some things about your hair so I'll know if it'll work for me? porosity type and stand thickness?

ecornett said:
i have not found many products i like so could tell me some things about your hair so I'll know if it'll work for me? porosity type and stand thickness?

Hello. My porosity type i think is low to normal. I know my hair dries quickly. Strand thickness..... That im not sure of. My hair love water and moisture and hates regular protein products on it. I hope this helps...

Well i have completed my one month challange to myself of using these products. My final thought is they were well worth the money spent for me. These products gave my hair the moisture and strenth it need in the first 2 weeks. The products smelled good and have a good watery consitancy. The one downfall i think for my hair is the protein. The one i put on before the growth lotion i think or the protein deep conditioner. One or both, in the thrid week did not agree with my hair. My hair does not like regular use of protein and i used it as directed thru her instructions. I think next i will use either or. I used the protein deep con every other week and used the other one every time i moisturize my hair about 3x per week. However, i am satisfied the way it brought my hair the moisture balanced it needed. With the tweaking of the protein, i will definetly use this product again.

Thank you for reading and i hope this helps with you HHJ!

It seems like it has been awhile since you posted this and I was wondering if you are still using the same products and have you noticed any growth?

I have been considering the Protein Balance Leave-In and the Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion.

Thanks!

Ajna said:
It seems like it has been awhile since you posted this and I was wondering if you are still using the same products and have you noticed any growth?

I have been considering the Protein Balance Leave-In and the Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion.

Thanks!

Hey, I used it for one month and really didnt notice a big increase in hair growth. I was thinking about going back to it for a minute, however, im thinking about putting my 2 strand twist back in and will be using my mixture of shea butter and shea butter conditioner. When i do use it again i will be sure to update.

Back