Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

If all my products have this...and I use them all the time...would that be too much protein?
If your hair isn't natural or is damaged in some way, you may need it. If your hair is natural, yes perhaps. I'm natural and I have one product w/hydrolyzed protein.

I guess go by how your hair feels and acts. I know if it's hard and or straw-like, that may be a sign of too much protein. You may want to google protein overload or something like that.

Also, I've read that if proteins are not hydrolyzed they just coat during a treatment and wash off during rinsing because they're too big. As opposed to hydrolyzed proteins which actually 'fill the gaps' of cuticle damage.

@jennifer30 wheat protein is one that strengthens your hair and helps maintain moisture. I love this, silk protein (my fav makes your hair sooooo soft), collagen which improves elasticity (which is what is mostly in the new Nexxus) of course keratin which is the main protein our hair is made up of.

I've spent a lot of time looking into protein trying to figure out what my hair likes. My hair likes all protein but I can't go overboard. Ideally I'd use a deep conditioner with keratin and wheat protein and maybe some other vegetable proteins every other week (alternating with a fully moisturizing DC), use a hard treatment with keratin and collagen every few months before straightening and use a leave in or moisturizer with silk protein. This is me thinking out loud for my hair. LOL Because my hair thrives with protein.

You have to figure out what your hair likes. Protein can be very tricky. If all of your products have protein you may have to incorporate more moisture into your regimen.

I wanna buy this and add it to my conditioners. My extremely porous hair needs lotsa protein to thrive.

Back